I posted this on Facebook, but a friend of a friend wrote a brilliant statement on what happened with the shooting. I'll put it under a spoiler but it's a REALLY great look at what happened and why Men's Rights Activism is so dangerous. Just thought I would share.

"I will not, for one second, accept this shooting as a case of a 'poor child with a mental illness'. This kid is well aware of what he was going to do. He didn't snap, he didn't zone out and did something he would regret. He knew very well that he was going to go into a campus and murder innocent women because his misogynist-self could not find a sexual partner by the age of 22. This is why Men's Rights Activism is dangerous--It puts down the idea that women have a right to choose what happens to their bodies or who they get to be with. It says that if a woman says no, she can be murdered for it. And they have been. I am appalled by the idea that this is getting shrugged off as a mental illness--in turn further stigmatizing people with real mental illnesses--instead of actually addressing the issue of a patronizing movement that further sets back civil rights for women. Enough is enough. You are not a 'nice guy' if you feel entitled to sex just for being one. No is no, and it is not an excuse for retaliation either."

Guest stl_ben.

I beginning to like that thatjonguy1039 in the blonk thread. He like an unknowing John Stockton to my Carl Malone.

Guest stl_ben.

Lol. Love the analogy

Thanks! I thought it would be a little arrogant to say "the Pippen to my Jordan" or "the Kobe to my Shaq," But I'd say the Stockton to my Mail Man seemed about right.

Also, I just watched that video finally. WTFFFFFFF!

It took me a few times to get through the video, it's even harder to read comments that ignorant people post like "someone should have just given the kid a blow job" and "clearly he was just mentally ill and needed some therapy." 

A.) None of the girls who exercise their right to say 'no' in this situation deserved to die NOR should they be blamed.

B.) Stop pinning such negative stigmas to mental illness. 

Sigh.

I posted this on Facebook, but a friend of a friend wrote a brilliant statement on what happened with the shooting. I'll put it under a spoiler but it's a REALLY great look at what happened and why Men's Rights Activism is so dangerous. Just thought I would share.

"I will not, for one second, accept this shooting as a case of a 'poor child with a mental illness'. This kid is well aware of what he was going to do. He didn't snap, he didn't zone out and did something he would regret. He knew very well that he was going to go into a campus and murder innocent women because his misogynist-self could not find a sexual partner by the age of 22. This is why Men's Rights Activism is dangerous--It puts down the idea that women have a right to choose what happens to their bodies or who they get to be with. It says that if a woman says no, she can be murdered for it. And they have been. I am appalled by the idea that this is getting shrugged off as a mental illness--in turn further stigmatizing people with real mental illnesses--instead of actually addressing the issue of a patronizing movement that further sets back civil rights for women. Enough is enough. You are not a 'nice guy' if you feel entitled to sex just for being one. No is no, and it is not an excuse for retaliation either."

I hate the excuses humanity throws around for these people. I really do. Regardless if it's a school shooting, mall bombing, or some other random act of terrorism, humanity claims they were "depressed" so they had a justified reason for going on a mass killing spree. Everyone's had a fit of depression, or has had something terrible happen, and driving pain onto others isn't a solution that should be accepted.

Traumatic experiences such as constant rejection doesn't justify bringing pain to others. It's like in high school, where the bullies were mean to other kids because they have a bad home life. If you're angry and upset, why would you want to inflict it on others? These people who commit these acts never leave the stage of adolescent ignorance, and it's a mentality I'll never really understand.

Same for sexism, racism and other discrimination between different people. If none of this happened, we could ditch all these activist movements and just work together correctly for once in 2000 years.

The world doesn't make much sense.

Guest stl_ben.

alright, I feel like I need to look at the news as I have no idea whats going on.

tl;dr

Some asshole narcissist shot a bunch of people because girls wouldn't sleep with him.

any recommendations on getting a cheap(er) hotel room around disney? I plan on being there from june 1-4. I would love to be able to stay around the downtown disney area as thats where my job interview will be but I doubt I can afford it.

How about this? $69 a night for a one-bedroom villa that's two and a half miles (ten-minute drive) from Downtown Disney, and they have your exact dates available. Gotta hurry if you want it, though; the deal is only good for less than two days.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-bk-grande-villas-resort-3

Instead of going to Boston tonight and spending way too much money at the bars without a place to stay, I went to a graduation party around here where I are drank and smoked everything. Fo free.

Also, seeing brand new in like 19 hours. On the same bill as modest mouse and built to spill. There is no way I don't just die in a car accident on the way there.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic