Gross. There's this joint here in Portland that has seriously some of the best pizza I've ever had, but I'll never order from them again because we've had multiple occasions where it takes 3-4+ hours to get our fucking food. Not only that, but, you know, you check up on it when it's taking a while, and I'd call and they'd say "Oh yeah, it'll be there in 15 minutes." After the 3rd or 4th time of that I start to get pretty pissed.

I don't understand how people can run a business like that. 

We have an awesome pizza place near us that delivers within a half hour of us ordering.  We tip them well, so that may influence things, but can you blame us for it?  Speedy service deserves a couple extra bucks.

I don't understand how people can run a business like that. 

We have an awesome pizza place near us that delivers within a half hour of us ordering.  We tip them well, so that may influence things, but can you blame us for it?  Speedy service deserves a couple extra bucks.

That's the thing too, we always tip well, and even when it was as late as it was those times we tipped decently because the way it was sounding, it wasn't the driver's fault, it was the dudes running the ovens.  It's just a bummer, I refuse to eat there on principle now because they just straight up lied to me over and over about our food even having left the shop. I'll go ahead and even drop their name because I'm getting angry just thinking about it! It's Lonesome's Pizza in Portland, Oregon.  They're in it to just do what they want and have fun and they're into being on Portlandia and being "hip" not about serving their customers.

That said...if you're downtown in Portland and want some awesome pizza, their stuff tastes great...just don't expect too much from their service. I won't order/go there ever again though.

Its just very frustrating trying to sort this problem out in the dark. Could be my headphones, could be the turntable, could be a cable. Unless it can be solved by shining my cellphone screen on a wire and then unplugging it and plugging it back in I'm shit out of luck for the night.

Saying "FUCK!" really angrily seems to be having no effect either. Electronics are weird.

Its just very frustrating trying to sort this problem out in the dark. Could be my headphones, could be the turntable, could be a cable. Unless it can be solved by shining my cellphone screen on a wire and then unplugging it and plugging it back in I'm shit out of luck for the night.

Saying "FUCK!" really angrily seems to be having no effect either. Electronics are weird.

Saying "FUCK!" really angrily always makes me feel better.

It does not generally have an effect on electronics, however.

My condolences.

Saying "Fuck!" didn't do anything but whining about it on the Internet fixed it. My math on this is purely anecdotal but I've found that about 20% of the time complaining about a malfunctioning piece of technology using another piece of technology fixes the problem.

I can say this works with routers, modems, PS3s, and Netflix.

Ok. So I am seriously beginning to wonder if I have awful taste in music. The POs I am excited about are never posted on here, and I am not excited about the vast majority of the releases that are posted on here.

Ashamed to confess.

you are not alone... this site loves its pop punk type stuff and tons of other stuff that I have zero interest in checking out.

you are not alone... this site loves its pop punk type stuff and tons of other stuff that I have zero interest in checking out.

I didn't realize so many people liked that stuff until I started posting here. I'm way out of touch with what the kids are into.

Also, had an amazing night and I'm ending it with a 22oz ipa and a movie. I'm a happy guy right now.

That would be awesome! I think I'll probably end up seeing Earth as well, it's only $12 or something to see them.

Yayyyyy!

Gross. There's this joint here in Portland that has seriously some of the best pizza I've ever had, but I'll never order from them again because we've had multiple occasions where it takes 3-4+ hours to get our fucking food. Not only that, but, you know, you check up on it when it's taking a while, and I'd call and they'd say "Oh yeah, it'll be there in 15 minutes." After the 3rd or 4th time of that I start to get pretty pissed.

You're doing it right.

She's got a pretty big crush on him too. ;)

I think if it hadn't been both him and Wayne though, she wouldn't have paid so much for it. She's nuts for all the songs they do together.

The pizza ended up getting here still warm but the manager gave us a free pizza! Driver got lost.

And now pizza for breakfast.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic