Portable cassette players were so much better than portable CD players. It didn't freakin skip everytime you moved!

I loved listening to 90s dance mixes while reading goosebumps. I miss 6th grade me.

"You can do what you want just seize the day

What you're doing tomorrow's gonna come your way

Don't you ever consider givin' up, you will find, oooh

It's a beautiful life, oh oh ooo

I just wanna be here beside you

stay until the break of dawn"

Portable cassette players were so much better than portable CD players. It didn't freakin skip everytime you moved!

I loved listening to 90s dance mixes while reading goosebumps. I miss 6th grade me.

"You can do what you want just seize the day

What you're doing tomorrow's gonna come your way

Don't you ever consider givin' up, you will find, oooh

I just wanna be here beside you

stay until the break of dawn"

Holy blast from the past hahahaha

My sleep schedule is so jacked up right now. I just woke up from a 4 hour nap.

I had one of those earlier today.  Not sure what time I'll be able to get to sleep tonight now.  Ah well it was worth it.  Ultimate Frisbee followed by screwdrivers and shots are perfectly fine way to spend a Sunday.

Haha, now you know how I feel!  What'd you end up getting?

It's a compilation put out by Home Recorded Cassette Culture in 1995. It was only available by mail order or personal request. It's got a song by Doug Martsch of Built To Spill with vocals from his wife and son. I can't find a recording of the song anywhere and I've never seen a copy before so I decided to go for it.

Here's an article I found about it

http://dailyuw.com/archive/1995/10/26/imported/super-indie-sixteen-artists-four-track-and-few-happy-accidents#.U_FqcYBdWRM

Here's the track list

• 1[hidden]0:12

• 2Colin Thomas - Dance and Romance3:53

• 3Strawberry - [untitled]3:35

• 4Colin Spring - Far Away and Tomorrow3:11

• 5Mitch Ledford - Me Into You2:11

• 6Pall - [untitled]2:31

• 7Madigan- Leaving Lyman5:05

• 8Doug Martsch & Karena - God Wrote a Song2:47

• 9Ben Davis - The Highest Hill in Town2:57

• 10Love as Laughter - [untitled]2:36

• 11Michael John - Day of Angels Playing Tricks4:07

• 12Rhonda Pelikan - True1:16

• 13Jim Acquavella - Ensemble2:24

• 14Norwood - Don't Sweat the Ride (Hwy 59)4:35

• 15Daniel Higgs - [untitled]7:04

• 16Klaus Flouride - Uncle Bill3:47

• 17Chris Lomba - The Old Paved Treadmill2:21

My body just allowed me 2.5 hours of sleep. Now I have some time to kill before going back into work to do a huge cleaning project that no one bothered to train me to actually do. Hopefully I don't ruin/break everything.

My portable CD player had shock protection. It was dope. I didn't even know skipping was a thing until one day when I was like "The fuck is this button?" and accidentally turned off the skip protection feature.

HEY FRIENDS!!!

I played catch up, here are some highlights with me: 

Went to Disney and managed all 4 parks in one day (but I'm going back on Tuesday with Kellen/Loosey Moosey!!!) 

Aladdin wouldn't hardstyle with me but made me show him what it was and that was terribly uncomfortable. 

I was wearing a shirt that said 'My spirit animal is a goth teenager" and these are some responses it received: 

Security guard: "Good job at channeling your spirit animal there, princess." 

Ariel: "What's a goth teenager? Is that an animal? I didn't know teenagers were animals. I like your hair, did you use squid ink?"

Employee at Star Tours: "I'm going to come back and read your shirt" "That was disappointing but your hair makes up for it."

Then I was the rebel spy.

Overall good day but by the end I seriously wanted to fall over and die.

Also shout out to the starbucks employee that wrote my name as LORGAN. 

My wife and I got our first daughter's name from that movie, Clementine ;)

I always wished I was named after something cool and not a character on Young and the Restless. 

I got a bunch of Dead Boy Detectives books today

I totally read this as Dad Boy Detectives. Need more sleep.

I wish I woke up early enough to get some Waffle House before work. I still feel drunk

ARE YOU READY? ONE WEEK.

I had another VC dream.

I was hanging out with Derek and Tess was supposed to meet up with us, she eventually called to say she couldn't make it because she was attacked by a lobster. I think she was defending the lobster because Derek said something to the extent over the phone "and you don't think lobsters are aggressive?!"

Logan added me on some weird social networking site I don't even use. I think it was LinkedIn.

That's it.

HEY FRIENDS!!!

I played catch up, here are some highlights with me:

Went to Disney and managed all 4 parks in one day (but I'm going back on Tuesday with Kellen/Loosey Moosey!!!)

Aladdin wouldn't hardstyle with me but made me show him what it was and that was terribly uncomfortable.

I was wearing a shirt that said 'My spirit animal is a goth teenager" and these are some responses it received:

Security guard: "Good job at channeling your spirit animal there, princess."

Ariel: "What's a goth teenager? Is that an animal? I didn't know teenagers were animals. I like your hair, did you use squid ink?"

Employee at Star Tours: "I'm going to come back and read your shirt" "That was disappointing but your hair makes up for it."

Then I was the rebel spy.

Overall good day but by the end I seriously wanted to fall over and die.

Also shout out to the starbucks employee that wrote my name as LORGAN.

I always wished I was named after something cool and not a character on Young and the Restless.

I totally read this as Dad Boy Detectives. Need more sleep.

ARE YOU READY? ONE WEEK.

Sounds like you're having a blast

I had another VC dream.

I was hanging out with Derek and Tess was supposed to meet up with us, she eventually called to say she couldn't make it because she was attacked by a lobster. I think she was defending the lobster because Derek said something to the extent over the phone "and you don't think lobsters are aggressive?!"

Logan added me on some weird social networking site I don't even use. I think it was LinkedIn.

That's it.

I just laughed so hard at this. 

I totally would add you on LinkedIn. 

Sounds like you're having a blast

I am :) As much as this weather is awful, it doesn't take much to remind me why I've always considered Florida a second home.

I'm job hunting a bit today, I'm hoping that if I get something down here I can get a lease for 4 months and then find a place with Sami when she moves back from Texas. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic