Speaking for me, too. Yesterday and today have felt like a Friday to me. Only, it's still not Friday. Womp

Today really feels like a Friday. So much so that I'm going to have a cheeseburger for lunch to make myself feel better about it not actually being Friday.

Good luck on the sale and move.  I've been doing that the last couple weeks too.

Skadaddy bought half a ladder worth of records from me today.   Yesterday I sold a pressure washer worth of records.  That is now how I think of every record I own.  This record is worth a rake.  This record would buy me a hose.

Good luck on the sale and move.  I've been doing that the last couple weeks too.

Skadaddy bought half a ladder worth of records from me today.   Yesterday I sold a pressure washer worth of records.  That is now how I think of every record I own.  This record is worth a rake.  This record would buy me a hose.

Thanks! I've managed to save like $5k from not buying records, but I also am starting from scratch cause all I own is lots of audio equipment / electronics, records, and odds and ends. I'm pretty minimalist. At 27 I just turned into an adult and bought a bed. Haha.

And usually I equate things to records or burritos. But since I'm trying to be good it's more like housewares and a damned couch.

Thanks! I've managed to save like $5k from not buying records, but I also am starting from scratch cause all I own is lots of audio equipment / electronics, records, and odds and ends. I'm pretty minimalist. At 27 I just turned into an adult and bought a bed. Haha.

And usually I equate things to records or burritos. But since I'm trying to be good it's more like housewares and a damned couch.

Ha, I still don't own a bed.  Black friday this year I plan on buying one. 

I've used records to pay for my down payment.  I had money saved for the move but that's getting eaten up by me being stupid and getting the dui.  Now I'm selling more records to pay for household shit without having to dip into my credit cards.

Ha, I still don't own a bed.  Black friday this year I plan on buying one. 

I've used records to pay for my down payment.  I had money saved for the move but that's getting eaten up by me being stupid and getting the dui.  Now I'm selling more records to pay for household shit without having to dip into my credit cards.

I sold a few of my prized TMR gems to held buy a couch. I essentially sold 4 records to buy a $1100 couch. Way worth it.

Also, I bought a spring mattress with memory foam on top from IKEA (queen) for $300 last weekend. Coming from a futon it's like sleeping on a cloud. Holy fuck how have I lived without a real mattress all this time. 

It's crazy how much I've invested in records, and even crazier how much I've gained from them. It's pretty much to the point to where I don't HAVE to own the record, as long as I have a way to listen to the song / album I'm happy. I'll never part with my Caspian collection though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic