Probably not because I've gone my entire life undiagnosed and when I have an attack I get a general response of "whats your fucking dilemma?" HOLD ON I'M TOO BUSY NOT BREATHING TO GIVE REPLY.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family a lot and I wouldn't trade them for the world but they REALLY have trouble understanding things that they don't have to deal with.

Words from family cut the deepest and the worst part is a lot of the time they aren't trying to be jerks, it just comes off that way. Your brother is lucky he's got you to run to in the midst of his anxiety and since you feel it too you can be there for each other.

I plan on proposing to my girlfriend soon (I picked up the ring yesterday) but I'm having a mental block on how to do it. I know she wouldn't like it if I popped the question in our living room and I don't want to do it in a cliche fancy restaurant. Any ideas? Ladies… how would YOU like to be proposed to? or if anybody here is married, how did it happen for you?

We went on a hike when I proposed. We were supposed to go to a waterfall, but took a wrong turn. I had packed a nice picnic spread with some wine, cheese, and meat. We ended up just sitting in the shade by the river and I proposed. It was very nice. The next year, we went back and found the damn waterfall.

Do you have a place you went on a first date or anywhere sentimental?

haha no not really. our first date was comically bad. I was just out of a long relationship and not even trying. She still gives me shit about it. as for other sentimental places… we travel a lot so most places with those moments are kinda far. where we live is boring. we are moving to Cincinnati OH in november but we have a wedding out there in two weeks. Maybe I propose while were out there since thats where were staring the new chapter of our life? butttt I don't want to spoil the brides glory… (obviously I wouldn't do it at the wedding but I'm sure there would be buzz about it)

We went on a hike when I proposed. We were supposed to go to a waterfall, but took a wrong turn. I had packed a nice picnic spread with some wine, cheese, and meat. We ended up just sitting in the shade by the river and I proposed. It was very nice. The next year, we went back and found the damn waterfall.

Thats awesome. Also an idea I had. We live in the Poconos so that would be nice… there is a crazy killer on the lose here though :/

yep! it all went down only a few miles from my parent's house

One of my good friends is from Effort and she texted me the day it happened with "So, I've never been happier to be away at school in New York. Turns out ANOTHER crazy killer is hiding in the woods back home. Again." 

I'll never forget when their high school was on lockdown because someone stole a gun and hid out in the school parking lot. Good times in PA!

One of my ideas was a corn maze near our appartment she has been wanting to do. maybe when we reach the middle say something like "we work well together! lets get married" or somethings along the lines of that. but is that kind of corny?

I've been REALLY emotional all day, but this made me tear up a little bit, I love love.

I like the corn maze idea! I personally LOVE halloween/autumn activities so I'd be a happy gal if I were proposed to in a corn maze. :)

I like the idea too but part of me felt it was silly. Since all of you seem to like it… corn maze it is! Her parents are coming to visit from CA soon. hopefully she doesn't say "let's wait until they get here and we can all do the maze together." I kind of want to do it before they get here.

I like the idea too but part of me felt it was silly. Since all of you seem to like it… corn maze it is! Her parents are coming to visit from CA soon. hopefully she doesn't say "let's wait until they get here and we can all do the maze together." I kind of want to do it before they get here.

I think it's great.

If it doesn't feel right at the time though then you can always hold off.

Keep us updated and we want pictures! I become very girly with stuff like this.

Corn maze! So perfect.

Don't do a flash mob. Those are dumb.

Don't do it at the wedding. My ex proposed to me at the end of his best friends wedding and it was awkward.

i thought it was a huge no no to propose at someone else's wedding or anything related to someone else's engagement/wedding etc

Exactly. The location is perfect since were moving there together soon but the timing is no good.

Exactly. The location is perfect since were moving there together soon but the timing is no good.

I don't see a problem with asking post-reception, when you guys are alone and there is no way to steal the bride's thunder.

Edit: Unless there is a brunch the next day. Weddings have gotten just ridiculous. I guess I mean, in Cinci, post-wedding whatnot.

I don't see a problem with asking post-reception, when you guys are alone and there is no way to steal the bride's thunder.

Edit: Unless there is a brunch the next day. Weddings have gotten just ridiculous. I guess I mean, in Cinci, post-wedding whatnot.

haha true. I actually think we're house shopping the day after the wedding...

*finds perfect house*

"this house is dope. let's buy it… and get married btw"

i thought it was a huge no no to propose at someone else's wedding or anything related to someone else's engagement/wedding etc

Yeah, it wasn't ideal.

Even if it is post reception (which it was). The only acceptable way is if you stayed the night that night and did something the next morning or something.

My ex proposed to me right after the reception. We went on a walk across the street... and then he proposed. We walked back and the bride and groom were still there and he was like "Guess what, we are engaged!" It was weird. I am so glad we didn't get married. (This is obviously not the only reason. Still.)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic