hey Bruce just went back and read what happened man. As everyone else has said man I am truly sorry for this. It sucks. Breakups just turn your world upside down. Especially from what it sounds like for you since you have to move and everything else. Keep your chin up bud and know that the lot of us here are always here for ya. Trust me when I say that. So many people have been there for me throughout many life stressors for me.

Tonight was really cool. Had so much fun at one of the best venues in philly. And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be all over tumblr due to the large number of photographers on stage and me being right up front belting out You Blew It! jams.

This is the longest train ride home and someone is listening to turn down for what on their phone really loudly.

Ghostdrones, Jon, Juan, and Ice Cream Face, I've been listening to a lot of Earth, Eagle Twin, Red Fang, Sleep, and Swans lately. I'm looking for stuff in that same vein if any of you have any recommendations. I'm not real fond of screaming vocals though.

OM (two of the dudes from Sleep), Conan, Electric Wizard, Ancient Warlocks, Baroness (maybe an obvious one.), Curse the Son, Mastodon (specifically the album Crack the Skye, the others are more screamy), Salem's Pot, Summoner, The Sword (not exactly there but I love them.), aaaaaand more on the Black Sabbath end of things, Electric Citizen, and The Well.

Ghostdrones, Jon, Juan, and Ice Cream Face, I've been listening to a lot of Earth, Eagle Twin, Red Fang, Sleep, and Swans lately. I'm looking for stuff in that same vein if any of you have any recommendations. I'm not real fond of screaming vocals though.

Try Big Black, but only Atomizer if you like Swans

OM (two of the dudes from Sleep), Conan, Electric Wizard, Ancient Warlocks, Baroness (maybe an obvious one.), Curse the Son, Mastodon (specifically the album Crack the Skye, the others are more screamy), Salem's Pot, Summoner, The Sword (not exactly there but I love them.), aaaaaand more on the Black Sabbath end of things, Electric Citizen, and The Well.

Try Big Black, but only Atomizer if you like Swans

Thanks guys. Also thanks for the Black Sabbath style recommendations. I've been digging a lot of stuff in that style too.

Good call on the Conan recommendation, band is rad!  I bought a cassette of theirs on a whim and I was very pleased with it.

I'll say Pallbearer, Black Tusk (Red Fang always reminds me of them), High on Fire (the non-Om member of Sleep), Boris (maybe an obvious one), Jesu.  I'll try and think of some more tomorrow.  If you like Earth and Eagle Twin,there's plenty of other good stuff in the Southern Lord catalogue that would probably fit your fancy.  That Wovenhand album that was released on Deathwish this year has a Swans-y vibe to it, you might dig it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic