That's adorable!!! :wub:

Every year I ask for a watermelon cake which is as easy as cutting a watermelon in half and sticking candles in it and I never fucking get it! I almost always get a cake that's decorated like a watermelon :(

Yeah, the reaction was priceless :D  You'll get that watermelon cake one day, even if you have to do it yourself!  That's how I started the ice cream cake thing.  I just started buying them for myself on my birthday and eventually it just caught on and became a thing.

Stage dived for my first time tonight. Very stoked.

Nice. Stage dives are the best. I think I've got like one or two more left in me before I have to admit I'm too old.

I've never stage dived? stage dove? but I did crowd surf once.  I was telling my former roommate how I'd never crowd surfed because I was probably too heavy to do so and we were going to a Misery Signals show and I was like 'do you guys think if I wanted to try it you guys would boost me up?'  my roommate was also a big dude, total powerhouse and he's like 'year for sure'  so I waited til the time was right I was like like 'hey, boost me!' so they did... it was hilarious! HAHAHAHAHA Joyce Manor would have been proud. :D

I would never stage dive though.  I remember when walking on heads used to be the thing, like get up on stage, but then instead of diving into the crowd you run off the stage and try to step on as many heads as you can before you fall into the crowd.  I remember once getting cannonballed on by some huge fat dude off a speaker stack during Dillinger Escape Plan back in summer 2002.  Right before Irony Is A Dead Scene came out.

First hardcore show I went to was Misery Signals (well and With Honor, The Promise, Zao, and Every Time I Die but MS played first) and as soon as they started kids were stage diving and I was just like "WHAAAAAAT IS GOING ON I AM GOING TO DIE ARE YOU EVEN ALLOWED TO DO THAT?!?!?!"

I used to go to shows alone so if there was a ton of people and I couldn't get close enough to stage dive I would just run and launch myself on top of the crowd, get surfed to the stage, and then dive.

There's a way to stage dive (or crowd surf) without being an asshole, it sucks when people are dicks though. Back in my show going days I was not a dick probably 95% of the time. Shit used to get ignorant during Acacia Strain sets and they opened like every show ever in the northeast in 2006, so I've done some dumb shit.

I'm still on such a high from the show tonight haha holy fuck. Lead singer stage dived and then grabbed onto a light hanging from the roof and pulled himself up onto the pipes and hung upside down while singing. Oh, and it was while they were covering Sabotage.

The band was PUP, by the way. Amazing punk band from Toronto.

That sounds like a dope show.

Most dangerous thing I ever saw at a show was a fucking Weezer concert of all places. People ripped one of the panels off the floor (it was an arena so the floor was maybe 10'x10' panels coverig whatever sports surface was under it) and were surfing like 20 people on it.

I'm still on such a high from the show tonight haha holy fuck. Lead singer stage dived and then grabbed onto a light hanging from the roof and pulled himself up onto the pipes and hung upside down while singing. Oh, and it was while they were covering Sabotage.

The band was PUP, by the way. Amazing punk band from Toronto.

So pissed I missed them/The Menzingers in May. I don't know what the fuck I was doing that day but I'm mad I missed it.

Ghostdrones, Jon, Juan, and Ice Cream Face, I've been listening to a lot of Earth, Eagle Twin, Red Fang, Sleep, and Swans lately. I'm looking for stuff in that same vein if any of you have any recommendations. I'm not real fond of screaming vocals though.

Early Godflesh goes back to early Swans... vocals aren't screamed but can be harsh

SunnO))) - 00Void and the Grimm Robe Demos, if you like Earth - 2

Cathedral - Forest Of Equilibrium

You might like Our Love Will Destroy The World

Iroha... particularly End Of An Era and Shepherds And Angels

The Angelic Process

Will back many of these other recommendations,

You could also check out Death Blues whom I was recently recommended and I really dig. Also Mamiffer... check them out.

One last one for now...Jodis.

That sounds like a dope show.

Most dangerous thing I ever saw at a show was a fucking Weezer concert of all places. People ripped one of the panels off the floor (it was an arena so the floor was maybe 10'x10' panels coverig whatever sports surface was under it) and were surfing like 20 people on it.

The first time I saw of Montreal when the pig people on stage were done blowing each other they brought out a raft. Crowd rafting was the best.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic