Also, as far as this whole high school debate. I don't care how hard your classes are, how heavy the work load is, how tired you are, etc. If you have a roof over your head, and a rent free one at that, food on a plate, and free food at that, you really shouldn't be complaining because you could be a lot worse off.

When you get out of school and are faced with real world challenges, you will understand what we mean when we say that high school is easy. Yeah, it's a pretty general statement, and I don't know your life story, but honestly, if you think high school is tough, you're in for a real treat. Your early 20s are especially fun, because holy shit prepare to fall on your ass and probably learn how to pick yourself up for the first time. You are faced with actual challenges, like how to get to impound lot to get your car out because you parked in the wrong area for a night of drinking, to find out you have no money. A little harder than writing a critique about the French Revolution.

I'm not typing this to be a dick, but to simply give a little insight. Cause after school, it's all downhill after that, and that's coming from someone who could be a lot worse off. High school is a huge waste of time that gives you no real world experience. You really think you are going to remember or use the quadratic formula on a day to day basis? Fuck no. Are you going to know how to fill out your w2s, figure out how much renters insurance you need, how to budget for all your expenses like food and rent, if you should buy this one record cause you don't know how much money you will have next week. Shit like that sucks. It fucking sucks, but that's life, none of which you learn in school. The whole point of high school is to learn social skills. All of which for me was learning how fucking stupid society is.

I'm rambling.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is you really shouldn't take high school so seriously. Don't push yourself to the point of combustion for a fucking French class or to get a mark higher on a Western Civ. quiz. It's all trivial bullshit. High school doesn't measure your full potential, and it sure as hell doesn't measure how well you're going to do in real life, if at all. Take it all in stride. Enjoy your "stressed" high school days, cause you're going to be wishing you were where you are now in just a couple of years. This isn't to scare you or say "boo hoo", but let you know to adjust your outlook.

Good luck.

Jared,

Target was my first job when I was 17. The dress code is pretty damn lax. They even let tattoos show (since my employment) and allow you to keep piercings in. Plus you can pretty much wear an nice style shirt you want. They use to always make everyone wear red polo shirts, but they did away with that (from what I can tell). I frequent Target a lot cause I will gladly pay the "creature fee" -- what I refer to as paying a little more so I don't have to deal with the creatures of Walmart plus milfs, milfs everywhere.

Funny story about how I quit that job. So I did backroom stock for about a year there. Towards the end of my run, they started staffing fewer and fewer people. This gradually started pissing me off more and more cause I was working more and more. Not more hours, but shittier shifts and doing more work in the same amount of time. Target was fantastic of not going to 36 or however many hours was needed for full time, always that 1 hour short. Then it was working on my birthday alone, July 4th alone, Saturdays alone. So eventually my fed up and mature teenage self got fed up. I remember hitting my boiling point when this shitty floor manager, or whatever the fuck useless title they gave there was, asked me to do her job duties yet again. I got on my walkie and politely said "Hey, it's Matt in the back. Heard your request. Get fucked." I then proceeded to walk up to every asshole upper management employee currently working and hold up my middle finger in front of their face and told them "fuck you".

Since my manager who just sat in his office all day, the one who hired me, the one I hated the most, I saved a trip to his office for last. I made my way to the front and said "I can tell that you had high ambitions as a kid, and completely managed to fuck all of that up which led you to become the manager of a fucking Target, and a shittier manager at that. I'm smart enough to know I won't waste my time to give you my two weeks notice. Grow a dick, fuck yourself, treat your employees better, and act like a man, cause you are a fucking child. Take care, Marty."

I went home and told my Dad and he laughed hysterically.

The best part is that I went back into that Target a week or so later and most of the people I told to "get fucked" were working and they were so shocked that I came back in. A kid needs his damn Doritos and Dr. Pepper. Duh.

That would be seriously wonderful. My apple store hates me too (one of the main guys there used to go to my high school and threw rocks at me while I walked home) so I trust no one there. I'd like to go in and know where I stand with everything. 

Message me with a complete breakdown of the situation with your macbook, I will relay it to them, and let ya know.

My laptop froze, shut down. And now will only turn on to a blank screen. At this point I'm blaming Mercury retrograde and calling it a night.

I'll message you tomorrow, Matt! I have to get the repair papers so I can give you detail and those are in the creepy attic that I will not go near at night. Thank you again! I appreciate it.

My laptop froze, shut down. And now will only turn on to a blank screen. At this point I'm blaming Mercury retrograde and calling it a night.

I'll message you tomorrow, Matt! I have to get the repair papers so I can give you detail and those are in the creepy attic that I will not go near at night. Thank you again! I appreciate it.

Hhahahahah. Ok.

Target told me I can bring drinks and snacks tomorrow.

I hope the orientation isn't as horrible as mine was. Sitting in the breakroom watching the WORST 'welcome / obey the rules / don't sue us if a stack of pallets falls on you / don't put your finger in your coworkers ass / wash your hands, especially after the former rule / shit'. That shit was like 3 hours long. I think you watch it and that's the whole day.

It's the best. I mean, if you are going to drink soda. Only other decent soda is Mexican Coke.

But...

GET FUCKED. Haha seriously such a good story.

Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero. That's it.

Have you had Dr. Virgil's Dr. Better? It's fucking amazing.

I was 18 by the time I left. Obviously I was well mannered and all that shit. ; )

From what I've read online, that's exactly what it is. They told me 4 hours.

I do know that the head of HR is really funny and awesome and he's leading orientation. So I'm gonna crack jokes to keep myself sane. I already made a blood oath with him so I don't think he'll fire me.

I hope I at least can get into it tomorrow back up. I've been meaning to do that and I already lost everything a month ago. I do not want to rebuild my music collection again.

I had to do that recently. 40,000 songs down the drain cause my external drive crashed. Updated to a 3TB and cloud backup. Not taking anymore chances. Haha.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic