Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero. That's it.

Have you had Dr. Virgil's Dr. Better? It's fucking amazing.

I was 18 by the time I left. Obviously I was well mannered and all that shit. ; )

It is the shit! haha not many people have heard of it. I can't second you on Coke zero though. that shit is weird.

Haha, and you are even more well mannered now. ; )

Soda with real sugar > soda without

Yessir.

Well shit, now there's ebola in NYC...

Ugh.

I know you aren't doing this but I hate it when people think it is a cool idea to be like.... So your a flight attendant? How about that ebola!? Ya. I fucking know.

I'm watching 30 Rock right now.

"I thought by now you'd be someplace that US law couldn't touch you - like Bali or Utah."

Haha So much love for that show.

It is the shit! haha not many people have heard of it. I can't second you on Coke zero though. that shit is weird.

Haha, and you are even more well mannered now. ; )

I only have about 1/4 of my sense of taste. So I really don't like sugar and by some miracle I can't taste aspertame, so Coke Zero is perfect for me. Dr. Pepper is pretty much the only sugar I consume besides Virgils. They have a lot of Virgils in all the grocery stores here so I drink a fair amount of it. I pretty much live off mexican food and chips and coke zero; amazing, I know.

And fucking duh.

Ugh.

I know you aren't doing this but I hate it when people think it is a cool idea to be like.... So your a flight attendant? How about that ebola!? Ya. I fucking know.

I only brought it up because I mean it's now in the state I live in so I am hoping it doesn't go upstate. NYC is so much more dense and populated than Dallas so the chances of it spreading are greater which scares me a little.

Also, as far as this whole high school debate. I don't care how hard your classes are, how heavy the work load is, how tired you are, etc. If you have a roof over your head, and a rent free one at that, food on a plate, and free food at that, you really shouldn't be complaining because you could be a lot worse off.

When you get out of school and are faced with real world challenges, you will understand what we mean when we say that high school is easy. Yeah, it's a pretty general statement, and I don't know your life story, but honestly, if you think high school is tough, you're in for a real treat. Your early 20s are especially fun, because holy shit prepare to fall on your ass and probably learn how to pick yourself up for the first time. You are faced with actual challenges, like how to get to impound lot to get your car out because you parked in the wrong area for a night of drinking, to find out you have no money. A little harder than writing a critique about the French Revolution.

I'm not typing this to be a dick, but to simply give a little insight. Cause after school, it's all downhill after that, and that's coming from someone who could be a lot worse off. High school is a huge waste of time that gives you no real world experience. You really think you are going to remember or use the quadratic formula on a day to day basis? Fuck no. Are you going to know how to fill out your w2s, figure out how much renters insurance you need, how to budget for all your expenses like food and rent, if you should buy this one record cause you don't know how much money you will have next week. Shit like that sucks. It fucking sucks, but that's life, none of which you learn in school. The whole point of high school is to learn social skills. All of which for me was learning how fucking stupid society is.

I'm rambling.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is you really shouldn't take high school so seriously. Don't push yourself to the point of combustion for a fucking French class or to get a mark higher on a Western Civ. quiz. It's all trivial bullshit. High school doesn't measure your full potential, and it sure as hell doesn't measure how well you're going to do in real life, if at all. Take it all in stride. Enjoy your "stressed" high school days, cause you're going to be wishing you were where you are now in just a couple of years. This isn't to scare you or say "boo hoo", but let you know to adjust your outlook.

Good luck.

Ding ding ding, nail on head.

I only have about 1/4 of my sense of taste. So I really don't like sugar and by some miracle I can't taste aspertame, so Coke Zero is perfect for me. Dr. Pepper is pretty much the only sugar I consume besides Virgils. They have a lot of Virgils in all the grocery stores here so I drink a fair amount of it. I pretty much live off mexican food and chips and coke zero; amazing, I know.

And fucking duh.

haha I live on burritos. It's my life. I tried to figure out what to buy at the grocery store the other day.... I suddenly realized I was making a burrito in my mind and with the items I was purchasing. I might have a problem.

I only brought it up because I mean it's now in the state I live in so I am hoping it doesn't go upstate. NYC is so much more dense and populated than Dallas so the chances of it spreading are greater which scares me a little.

Honestly, the chances are very slim! It will be ok. The only people that are in danger are the people that are contacting or caring for the individual when they are contracting symptoms. Family members, and caretakers are the most at risk. Unless you are going around touching peoples blood, puke or fecal matter you will be ok. :)

And the reality is that we have the treatments needed available here in the US, where the people in Africa don't. Not to mention the way it is spreading so fast in Africa is the dead bodies of those with the diseases are just sitting around in the homes for hours / days after they die. The family members grieving are touching contaminants as they grieve and then are contracting it themselves. They literally just don't have the practices of isolation in place. 

Ultimately. Don't worry unless it become airborne. 

Also, what frustrates me most about this case is that it was a doctor treating people in Africa. He should have had to be in isolation for a while upon returning to the US. But instead he rode the subway all around and went bowling. As a doctor treating the disease he should have known better.

But similarly is the nurse that rode the plane. It cracks me up because my mom is a nurse and I used to work in an ER. Medical professionals often have this invincible mentality that they will be just fine. They become kind of hardened to these things and I can just imagine them thinking, oh I am fine... wouldn't get ebola. 

I think they should really have stricter isolation practices for not only people returning to the states from these regions, but especially these medical professionals that have been treating the patients. 

Also, what frustrates me most about this case is that it was a doctor treating people in Africa. He should have had to be in isolation for a while upon returning to the US. But instead he rode the subway all around and went bowling. As a doctor treating the disease he should have known better.

But similarly is the nurse that rode the plane. It cracks me up because my mom is a nurse and I used to work in an ER. Medical professionals often have this invincible mentality that they will be just fine. They become kind of hardened to these things and I can just imagine them thinking, oh I am fine... I wouldn't get ebola.

I think they should really have stricter isolation practices for not only people returning to the states from these regions, but especially these medical professionals that have been treating the patients.

This DR was criminally negligent

How come these amazing Unwound box sets don't come with download codes? You think for $40 you would get a digital copy. Fuck.

I hate when they don't give you the digital with the analog purchase. Come on guys. I need a portable way to listen to it. Duhhhhhh.

Just noticed Vasudeva doesn't come with one either. Ugh.

How come these amazing Unwound box sets don't come with download codes? You think for $40 you would get a digital copy. Fuck.

I hate when they don't give you the digital with the analog purchase. Come on guys. I need a portable way to listen to it. Duhhhhhh.

Kill Rock Stars released the original albums (mostly), Numero Group released the box sets.  It's not uncommon for a licensed release to not have a download code.  Jane Doe is another one that I can think of off the top of my head.

I'LL COME IN HERE IF I WANT!

I'm at my moms on the couch drinking a Four Look trying to get myself tired enough to get maybe 3 hours of sleep before she takes me to the airport at 6am...

I normally go to bed at 5am.

I noticed because we usually only go back and forth on Insta at like 4-5 AM. Where ya going?

It's pretty much, I have the job if I want it. The pay would be almost double as what I make now.

I would train in Cleveland for 2 months, then train in Connecticut for 2 weeks, and THEN go to Florida. Sheesh.

Sounds pretty rad to me.  Hard to argue with double the pay.  Will your cost of living increase quite a bit too?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic