I don't know if I am supposed to talk to my supervisor, or the HR rep that hired me to put in my 2 weeks....

I would write a letter to HR and personally tell your supervisor.

Seriously considering selling my collection. Haven't really been I to it lately and idk that I want to continue throwing money at it 5eva. I also need to grow the fuck up and get my shit together. And I think the extra cash would help.... Life. Decisions. Idk. Rant.

:'( :'(  Gotta do what you gotta do, girl

also, since we're on the topic of SNES, mine recently started giving me lots of problems. i think there's a loose connection somewhere. and probably 20-odd years of dirt and crud. no idea how to go about getting it fixed (or possibly trying to fix myself). 

anyone have any good tips on cleaning/fixing a SNES?

Sounds like it's not the problem, but could still potentially be of help once you get it working: I think you can clean the gold connectors on the carts themselves with a q-tip + rubbing alcohol.  I would investigate more thoroughly before trying anything myself though.  The SNES needs to be saved!

2015 is making me so broke between releases and tours. I don't have any liquid for RSD this year :( JARED (whenever you make your way here) - are you coming down for any red rocks shows??

I don't have any plans for any Red Rocks shows right now, but I haven't checked their lineup for a while. A couple friends that went to the Jack White show in Vegas with me last month said they'd love to do a Red Rocks trip this summer.

Yeah, my last job was so laid back it was just whoever to tell. This is a real work enviroment, so it's strange. Being a contracted employee makes it more strange.

I would write a letter to HR and personally tell your supervisor.

This.

or if you have office email you can email the resignation to HR and cc your supervisor, but you should let both know.

also, since we're on the topic of SNES, mine recently started giving me lots of problems. i think there's a loose connection somewhere. and probably 20-odd years of dirt and crud. no idea how to go about getting it fixed (or possibly trying to fix myself). 

anyone have any good tips on cleaning/fixing a SNES?

If you can get it open, check the connections. They also sell brand spankin' new pin connectors on eBay and other sites. I've replaced one in an NES before, but never an SNES. took about 5 minutes in the NES, though. Easy peasy.

Sounds like it's not the problem, but could still potentially be of help once you get it working: I think you can clean the gold connectors on the carts themselves with a q-tip + rubbing alcohol.  I would investigate more thoroughly before trying anything myself though.  The SNES needs to be saved!

Only use denatured alcohol to clean SNES/NES carts. Also, after cleaning, be sure to let them sit for about a half hour or more before using them.

If you can get it open, check the connections. They also sell brand spankin' new pin connectors on eBay and other sites. I've replaced one in an NES before, but never an SNES. took about 5 minutes in the NES, though. Easy peasy.

Only use denatured alcohol to clean SNES/NES carts. Also, after cleaning, be sure to let them sit for about a half hour or more before using them.

thanks guys! when i have some free time and am feeling productive, i'll look into trying to clean it and get it open. there's a very questionable video game store by me that i might also go ask and see if they know anything. 

i did get it working recently and played a bunch of mario kart but then once i tried to switch games, i couldn't get it to work again. it turns on but then i just get a black screen. it really needs to be saved somehow. the princess isn't going to rescue herself!!!!

thanks guys! when i have some free time and am feeling productive, i'll look into trying to clean it and get it open. there's a very questionable video game store by me that i might also go ask and see if they know anything. 

i did get it working recently and played a bunch of mario kart but then once i tried to switch games, i couldn't get it to work again. it turns on but then i just get a black screen. it really needs to be saved somehow. the princess isn't going to rescue herself!!!!

You may just need a new cord if that's the case. I've had those sort of issues when my cord got loose/whatever. :)

That's the best case scenario, cuz you can pick one up cheeeeap.

This.

or if you have office email you can email the resignation to HR and cc your supervisor, but you should let both know.

Agreed. Some kind of formal communication to HR and then tell your supervisor personally. Remember that if it's awkward then it will only be awkward for two more weeks. No big deal.

I don't have any plans for any Red Rocks shows right now, but I haven't checked their lineup for a while. A couple friends that went to the Jack White show in Vegas with me last month said they'd love to do a Red Rocks trip this summer.

You'll have to let me know! August has made me BROKE as a JOKE but there's nothing better than Red Rocks...

Was filling out my end of the year personal review.  One of the questions is "How can you're leader help you develop further in you're  role?"

I'm not, by any means, a grammar nazi, but damn even I know that isn't the correct "your".

not once, but twice. Their committed to they're grammar inaccuracies.

i have a sega dreamcast boxed in my basement. not sure if its even been opened.

never played on a dreamcast.

Had a few cool RPG's on it.  Totally forget what they are but loved my dreamcast.

I just finally got rid of my Sega Nomad and am kicking myself.  I lost my favorite games for it and ended up just tossing it.  I should have just bought the games again on ebay but it was a rash moving decision.  The nomad was amazing, being able to play Sega Genesis games on a portable unit was great.

Anyone remember Sega CD too?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic