SUPER jelly! That's really rad!

hooooooooooly shit

Not something I regularly say, but yeah...it's pretty big.

Hop vines grow upwards of 20 feet, so the more space they have to grow, the more hops the yield. I doubt I'll get many this season because they take one season to get established, but next year, it's going to be a hop party.

tumblr_ncgv75xpdF1tooympo1_400.gif

Not something I regularly say, but yeah...it's pretty big.

Hop vines grow upwards of 20 feet, so the more space they have to grow, the more hops the yield. I doubt I'll get many this season because they take one season to get established, but next year, it's going to be a hop party.

tumblr_ncgv75xpdF1tooympo1_400.gif

Well, if I wasn't literally on the opposite corner of the country, I'd invite myself. Either way I love hoppy beer to the point I'm pretty sure I could just eat hops. Raw.

I can't wait to get back to GA to stock up on my fave IPA (Terrapin's Hopsecutioner). So delicious.

Yeah, I'm a hop head myself.

My next brew is a double IPA and will be my first attempt at a recipe from scratch. Bittering it with Warrior followed a late Columbus addition, then adding Amarillo, Cascade and Citra for aroma. Dry hopping with Amarillo, Cascade and Citra afterwards, too. 11.5oz of hops total for a 5 gallon batch. My calcs put it at 93 IBU and 7.2% ABV.

It should be a hop bomb if it works the way I'm hoping.

Yeah, I'm a hop head myself.

My next brew is a double IPA and will be my first attempt at a recipe from scratch. Bittering it with Warrior followed a late Columbus addition, then adding Amarillo, Cascade and Citra for aroma. Dry hopping with Amarillo, Cascade and Citra afterwards, too. 11.5oz of hops total for a 5 gallon batch. My calcs put it at 93 IBU and 7.2% ABV.

It should be a hop bomb if it works the way I'm hoping.

It literally sounds perfect. That's a nice balance too. Though I drink it often, I'm not a big session IPA fan. IPA's don't taste quite right if they are under 6% ABV and generally (IMO) should be over 7%. Sounnds like you know your shit! I'd drink it => That's all I need to know

Some of you may wonder "if you aren't a big fan, why drink it?" Well, it taste better than Bud light and at $17.99 for a 12 pack, my local brewery made an affordable IPA for pseudo-alcoholics like me.

The British Shameless is awesome. Trails off a bit near the last season or so in my opinion but the early stuff is just brilliant.

I've not seen the American one to compare but it seems to be a case of whichever you've seen first you prefer, as that's what you know.

If that makes any sense.

I enjoyed the British version.

Uh oh. Although I had never heard of it, Record Collectors Guild closed down. If that is the case, I expect a spike in idiotic threads and posts and plenty of flaming and butt-hurt comments made.

I better start working out and mentally preparing for the "work" ahead.

Hanz-and-Franz.gif

Oh jeez. I don't know what that is, but good luck.

So awesome! The wife and I were going on a trip to Denver and were going to stay to see the Decemberists there (we want to go to Red Rocks real bad), but of course my life fucked everything up and I can't go any longer. Literally the last class i have to take before student teaching is only offered this summer, the exact timeframe of the trip. Just swell.

Anyway, congrats on heading tix to RR!

My friends and I were thinking about going to that show as well. They ended up announcing a show here, so that plan got canned.

I just bought tickets for Robert Plant. Things got busy at work right when tickets went on sale so I ran and hid to order on my phone. I ended up getting my order in right before it sold out. I'm super pumped right now.

My friends and I were thinking about going to that show as well. They ended up announcing a show here, so that plan got canned.

I just bought tickets for Robert Plant. Things got busy at work right when tickets went on sale so I ran and hid to order on my phone. I ended up getting my order in right before it sold out. I'm super pumped right now.

Nice. I hide-and-buy all the time. Congrats on getting tickets on time!

And another paypal claim on a record I sold, because the buyer forgot to change their address. I've been buying and selling for years, and suddenly now I'm having problems (outside my control), yet being penalized for them. Fuck ebay and paypal.

And another paypal claim on a record I sold, because the buyer forgot to change their address. I've been buying and selling for years, and suddenly now I'm having problems (outside my control), yet being penalized for them. Fuck ebay and paypal.

Lame. Well,  the dumbass needs to drive his/her happy ass to where they used to live and pick up that package. I've done it before.

Actually, after I moved from Georgia to Connecticut, I had a package delivered to my old apartment. I called the office, they picked it up and allowed my mom (who still lives there) to pick it up and mail it to me. People are so fucking lazy.

There is, but they always side with the buyer. So I have about $80 in paypal funds frozen right now.

I asked them to go pick it up, but no response.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic