I don't get the appeal of live streaming a festival / show, but I also just think live videos in general are kind of boring in general.  I always have too many new records to listen to (or old records that got shelved too early).  Not a bad problem to have :)

I hear ya.  The only reason I watched last night was for Alabama Shakes and Tame Impala.  Both were excellent.  

That's shitty about those markups tho

My gf was waiting on us at my place all morning (we lined up at 3 am), and asked my buddy if he was happy.  The pissed look wasn't his finest moment.  I looked at my fortune, as karma.  A guy walked up right behind us, maybe 5 min, so I gave him the other Cake box, which was what he was there for.  My fav store had it 3 hrs later.  They had a contest for the month leading up to, for the 3 people that spent the most got the first 3 spots in line, with 3 min by themselves.  Not one of them picked it up.  

He probably spent $90 more than me, but yeah, we had already planned on not messing with that store this time, and now, I don't know.  I don't even want to think about it.  I'm all for supporting the stores, but I really don't like the guy 

I miss all the elementary school snacks. Sometimes I have the urge to buy a ton and pig out but I resist because checkout would be embarrassing if they knew it was all for me

I did this once. They didn't taste as good as I remembered, and I threw up quite a bit after. Was worth it.

Jon, I'm coming up either the day after RSD, or the following Saturday. So if I find an extra Polaris LP I can deliver it in person. Me, you, and Melissa can all go get some food or something!

Cool, let me know!  I have a buddy in town the following weekend, so I don't know how easy it'll be for me to sneak away.  The day after RSD would be perfect though.

Cool, let me know!  I have a buddy in town the following weekend, so I don't know how easy it'll be for me to sneak away.  The day after RSD would be perfect though.

Ok, I'll try to make that happen then!

Also, I'm meeting up with a friend later today to plan our Psycho de Mayo trip.  I think we'll fly down early Friday and come back Monday, but I'm pushing for another day.  Hopefully you two can make it happen too.

I was able to end my lease this month so I'm getting a months rent and security deposit back. I might use that money to make the Psycho trip. I'll talk to Melissa about it and see what we can do. I really want to go.

Dave, I watched the first episode of Sonic Highways last night.

It was good. 

Dude, they only get better. Chicago is sick cause I love blues, Big Black, Husker, etc.

I grew up around D.C. so I absolutely love that one. Minor Threat is my jam.

I think you'll really enjoy the New Orleans and NYC episode the most.

Fuck, you'll love them all. WATCH THEM!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic