I really need to stop drinking pop, but I also really don't like water so I don't know what else to drink. Any suggestions? My current pop intake is going to give me diabetes and rot my teeth out pretty soon, so I really need to change.

I'm the same way. I've gone weeks without drinking sodas and only water and juices. It's made me feel much better. But then I get back into old habits of having Coke or Mountain Dew.

Been conversing with a guy on Craigslist for 2 days to pick up a propane burner he's selling so I can brew outdoors.

5 messages back and fourth and we've established a time (in 4 hours from now)...but he has still not replied with a place to meet. Come on, dude...I don't know where you live.

I really need to stop drinking pop, but I also really don't like water so I don't know what else to drink. Any suggestions? My current pop intake is going to give me diabetes and rot my teeth out pretty soon, so I really need to change.

1. thank you for calling it POP...as thats what it is.

2. step one is to be copy and repeated over and over

So what you're saying is, I'm not the only person who got sent home for wearing this shirt to high school?

3831604890266dea12773cca7c1a6eb8.jpg

Nope. I got in major trouble as well for having that shirt. Ha!

Still have it too.

It wasn't as bad as  Jack Off Jill shirt I still also have.

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mfe7Zun1xhHl0fcZSVafijA.jpg[/img/

And in big pink letters on the back said CUNT

I'm the same way. I've gone weeks without drinking sodas and only water and juices. It's made me feel much better. But then I get back into old habits of having Coke or Mountain Dew.

I was drinking tea pretty hardcore for a while, but it's hard in the summer and annoying to constantly make iced tea sometimes. I need to quit pop, then quit smoking. So much to quit.

1. thank you for calling it POP...as thats what it is.

2. step one is to be copy and repeated over and over

Of course I say pop, why would I call pop soda?!

My first ever encounter with soda being called pop was back in college. My first roommate was from Minnesota. He called it pop. I had to ask him what the hell he was talking about.

And then one time he suggested we order a pie. I'm thinking "What the fuck does he want a pie for?!?! Apple pie? Cherry pie?". Of course he was referring to pizza.

Oh, y'all wacky gringos with your slang and regional dialects and words. Y'all crack me up.

Nope. I got in major trouble as well for having that shirt. Ha!

Still have it too.

It wasn't as bad as  Jack Off Jill shirt I still also have.

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mfe7Zun1xhHl0fcZSVafijA.jpg[/img

And in big pink letters on the back said CUNT

Ahhhh...the memories of my band T-shirts.

Side note, I will totally go see L7 is they make it close to me.

My first ever encounter with soda being called pop was back in college. My first roommate was from Minnesota. He called it pop. I had to ask him what the hell he was talking about.

And then one time he suggested we order a pie. I'm thinking "What the fuck does he want a pie for?!?! Apple pie? Cherry pie?". Of course he was referring to pizza.

Oh, y'all wacky gringos with your slang and regional dialects and words. Y'all crack me up.

This almost exact same thing happened to me when I got a job at a Teen Summer Camp in Seattle.

The kids told me would should have a "pop and pie party."

I thought it was a drug reference.

It sucks, I've broken my no soda rule.  I did so freakin' good for 8 months and now I've drank 2 2 liters in the last two weeks.

After Ultimate Frisbee I've been ordering a pizza and have also ordered a 2 liter of soda.  I don't know why but when I'm exhausted nothing tastes better than soda.  

Ah, well I need to figure out how to cut that out, and I should start working down how much Gatorade I drink.

High fructose corn syrup is the worst, but damned if it is friggin amazing.

I've always found the soda/pop thing interesting. Where I'm from we literally just call everything Coke. If I am in a car with 3 of my friends and I go in a store to buy us soda, I know what each drinks. So after they all say "get me a coke," I return with a Mt. Dew, a Dr. Pepper, and a Sunkist for them. It's weird.

I recently switched to sugar pop, so I guess it's like .0000000000001% better than the high fructose corn syrup shit, but I just need to cut it out. I rarely eat, so the majority of calories a day are from pop. I'd lose a lot of weight if I stopped.

It sucks, I've broken my no soda rule.  I did so freakin' good for 8 months and now I've drank 2 2 liters in the last two weeks.

After Ultimate Frisbee I've been ordering a pizza and have also ordered a 2 liter of soda.  I don't know why but when I'm exhausted nothing tastes better than soda.  

Ah, well I need to figure out how to cut that out, and I should start working down how much Gatorade I drink.

High fructose corn syrup is the worst, but damned if it is friggin amazing.

22 LITERS? 

;)

I've always found the soda/pop thing interesting. Where I'm from we literally just call everything Coke. If I am in a car with 3 of my friends and I go in a store to buy us soda, I know what each drinks. So after they all say "get me a coke," I return with a Mt. Dew, a Dr. Pepper, and a Sunkist for them. It's weird.

in the ghetto, we just call coke booger sugar.

It's fucking soda, dammit.

I call it soda.

Of course I say pop, why would I call pop soda?!

It's 'fizzy drink' god damn it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic