I used to be REALLY bad about diet cokes, but I may have one or two a month on average. Coffee is my new crutch. Also I still drink energy drinks sometimes, so I guess my soda count goes up with that.

Coffee is pretty good for you (like tea is) as long as you don't add 17 scoops of sugar and 12 ounces of milk/ cream to your 8 oz coffee.

I just drink WAY too much of it. Large, black, iced coffee. Everyday. At least one. Sometimes with espresso.

Last night I had 6 IPAs before bed to counter all of the caffeine from yesterday.

I love green tea, it's just hard to make it all the time. I don't wake up early enough to make some in the morning, and they took away the boiling water stout at work. I guess I could make a huge batch of iced tea, and bring it in in a thermos or something.

I need to try that local honey thing for allergies, does it work well? My allergies were so bad as a kid I had to get shots, and I guess 20+ years ago the shots sucked, so they are wearing off. My allergies are the worst they've been in years this year.

I need to try that local honey thing for allergies, does it work well?

This is the first season I've actually tried it (after waking up congested one morning when things started blooming). I add 1 tablespoon to my tea thermos/mug thing before I add the hot water.

Maybe it's a mental thing, but the only day I've woke up feeling congested after I started was one morning after I had to rush out of the house without my tea. The next morning...all stuffed up.

There's stuff all over the Internet about it working/not working, so I just said fuck it and gave it a try because honey is delicious.

There is a beekeeping store in Midtown that sells the local honey. You bring in the jar and they fill it and charge you for how much you get. It's a cool deal.

The bonus is that they sell other types of honey...and they have a sampling station where you get to squeeze the samples onto a small spoon. Must have been 15 different types last time I went...and you know I tried every one.

If you ever find yourself in Savannah, GA you should locate one of the few Savannah Bee Company stores in the area. They have all the samples you can want, a really good honey limeade drink, and Tupelo honey which is just impossible to describe. It's too good for words.

This sounds awesome.

I've been thinking about brewing a honey porter and using the local honey.

It would appear that living in  "Sacramento: America's Farm to Fork Capital" is starting to affect me.

I didn't know what this Manuka was so I Googled it. It looks really rich and delicious. I may have to try that. Also anything to do with NZ is right up my alley. I love that place, I just have yet to actually GO...

Slightly more expensive but it's meant to have crazy health benefits (may all be a big made up marketing scam). Either way I'm down for it being socially acceptable to sit eating honey straight from the jar.

giphy.gif

So...it's now 2.5 hours before I'm supposed to meet this guy about the burner, and still no reply.

I thought it was typically the buyers who were the "flakes" on Craigslist.

Now, if I were looking for furry-style sex with a complete stranger riddled with the specific STD's I'm looking for while I'm forced to sit on a chocolate cream pie with a pregnant Chihuahua on my lap in the back of a Winnebago...instant response.

I've always found the soda/pop thing interesting. Where I'm from we literally just call everything Coke. If I am in a car with 3 of my friends and I go in a store to buy us soda, I know what each drinks. So after they all say "get me a coke," I return with a Mt. Dew, a Dr. Pepper, and a Sunkist for them. It's weird.

I agree with this!

It is pretty weird to most people though.

I love green tea, it's just hard to make it all the time. I don't wake up early enough to make some in the morning, and they took away the boiling water stout at work. I guess I could make a huge batch of iced tea, and bring it in in a thermos or something.

I need to try that local honey thing for allergies, does it work well? My allergies were so bad as a kid I had to get shots, and I guess 20+ years ago the shots sucked, so they are wearing off. My allergies are the worst they've been in years this year.

Yeah it works. The shots won't wear off, your body just changes over time and sometimes that includes developing new (or worse) allergies.

Of course. I'll send you a bottle of my Cadbury egg milk stout to trade

Deal.

The family is going on a road trip next week, but when we get back, a milk stout is the next brew I'm making. Thinking a split batch and adding Peanut butter (PB2, not an extract) to half of it. I love me some milk stout.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic