Morning VC

Why?  Do you want to skype our listening experiences?   ;)

Nope, just excited to get mine soon. I can see they are close enough to come today but again UPS probably won't bother. #$%#$#%# Got another thing coming by UPS from CA that will probably make it here today though. It will go to the same place as the headphones and they will just bring the 1. Yay!

Good morning everyone, woke up too early with a plane crash nightmare.

I don't even know what it is!

I'm not really in advertising anymore, I work for a small agency that does digital work currently. I think my next move, hopefully this fall, will move me closer to the digital product realm. None of that is particularly relevant to your question. 

ad wars is just a gathering of agencies that do little battles at a conference...

im wanting out of the game. i dont want this profession anymore.

Do you want to stay adjacent or do a total career reboot?

I found agency work pretty tedious because on the creative end you don't (often) have much input into the work being done upstream. So you'd spend a lot of time executing poor strategy. I suppose there is some "in-the-trenches" camaraderie with your peers but that'll only keep you afloat for so long. At the end of the day I spent too much time putting the proverbial lipstick on the pig. 

I find that (the good) digital agencies tend to operate in less of a silo'd waterfall model and the work is more interesting. I've never been too worried about the clients, I just want to solve interesting challenges with smart people. That talent pool seems stronger on the digital side, at least anecdotally, for me, so far.

Do you want to stay adjacent or do a total career reboot?

I found agency work pretty tedious because on the creative end you don't (often) have much input into the work being done upstream. So you'd spend a lot of time executing poor strategy. I suppose there is some "in-the-trenches" camaraderie with your peers but that'll only keep you afloat for so long. At the end of the day I spent too much time putting the proverbial lipstick on the pig. 

I find that (the good) digital agencies tend to operate in less of a silo'd waterfall model and the work is more interesting. I've never been too worried about the clients, I just want to solve interesting challenges with smart people. That talent pool seems stronger on the digital side, at least anecdotally, for me, so far.

total reboot.

here we actually have total control of creative, sans the extreme pitches, but for the most part its very wide open here. It's a free-range cage free agency, i suppose. We also have digital. signing some HUGE clients lately wanting total web redo's, i hadnt realized what really went into that. we're on month 8 of our biggest clients site design. the FDA is unreal with demands. back end coders, ppl doing banners, straight up print vs. digital like the north vs. south.

i just want to do something else.

I'll have a look out for them. I need new greens to try other than Kale and Spinach.

I've pretty much worked out it doesn't matter what everything tastes like, if you fill it with lemon zest/juice then it's going to taste pretty damn good.

Get a juicer. I juice carrots, apples, oranges, cucumbers, celery, lemon/lime, and ginger then I pour that in a blender and throw in kale or spinach. Usually kale cause kale is my jam. The citrus and ginger cover up the taste of the kale and then everything else is just delicious.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic