Holy fuck is it storming. I went to Home Depot to buy some LEDs light bulbs that were on sale, and of course my store had none, so I'm leaving and the sky is pitch black in the distance. I had to stop for like 20 lights, so the storm caught up, and it was raining so hard my wiper blades on full force could not keep up. I almost had a panic attack. I'm still shaking. I hate driving when it's pouring that fast.

going to see haste the day by myself tonight. at least i was able to find someone to buy my other ticket. should still be a good time.

I've said it before in other threads...I almost always go to shows alone. I hate having to keep up with someone or make them keep up with me. I'd rather get in there and find a spot/move at my own pace.

That said, I did invite my buddy to come to a show with me in July. It's going to be awesome. May even meet up with Bronchitis and some other VC folks that night.

I saw them at one of their early reunion shows 5 or 6 years ago and I was pretty disappointed.  I don't know if Pavement was never a good live band and this was par for the course or what, overall I was let down.  I would probably give them a second chance if they came through again, but my expectations would be rather low.

Really? I saw them at Coachella in 2010 and it was one of my favorite shows of the weekend. I thought they were spot on. It was pretty interesting to see them play there, because it was the show at Coachella that was the straw that broke the camel's back for them and resulted in the breakup. I regret not driving out to Colorado to see them again.

I've said it before in other threads...I almost always go to shows alone. I hate having to keep up with someone or make them keep up with me. I'd rather get in there and find a spot/move at my own pace.

That said, I did invite my buddy to come to a show with me in July. It's going to be awesome. May even meet up with Bronchitis and some other VC folks that night.

I'm the same. I go to so many shows my friends can't keep up. I think if they figured out that you can go to a concert without getting sloppy drunk on expensive drinks at the venue's bar, they'd have a lot less of the "man, I'm broke right now" excuses.

It's been a busy concert week for me. Monday was Slow Season, Tuesday was The Decemberists, Wednesday was Robert Plant/The Mountain Goats, yesterday was Tame Impala, tonight I'm seeing Palma Violets, and tomorrow is Desert Noises.

Too much walking for crappy garage sales. At least I ran into 2 on the way to the one I was looking for. Too bad they all sucked. Walked in flip flops and have a sore foot now. Walked about a little listening to tunes on my big cans for the first time on the streets. They don't block out as much as I expected.

Fan made Darling Nikki video I was going to mention to Matt seems to be gone which is real shame because it was awesome.

Hewo!

I don't mind shows by myself at all. Just was hoping my sister or wife would come, but that didn't happen. No worries.

That should be an awesome show.

Really? I saw them at Coachella in 2010 and it was one of my favorite shows of the weekend. I thought they were spot on. It was pretty interesting to see them play there, because it was the show at Coachella that was the straw that broke the camel's back for them and resulted in the breakup. I regret not driving out to Colorado to see them again.

Interesting.  It could have been an off night, who knows.  I don't mind giving bands a second chance live usually and I would give Pavement one for sure.

I'm sad my copy of Portugal. The Man's Church Mouth sounds like shit on vinyl. Anyone else have the reissue, how does yours sound? Mine's the Coachella version on white. The OG press sounded really good, but I sold it to grab the repress since it had the bonus tracks. I want to rip the bonus tracks, but they are full of pops and clicks.

I'm the same. I go to so many shows my friends can't keep up. I think if they figured out that you can go to a concert without getting sloppy drunk on expensive drinks at the venue's bar, they'd have a lot less of the "man, I'm broke right now" excuses.

It's been a busy concert week for me. Monday was Slow Season, Tuesday was The Decemberists, Wednesday was Robert Plant/The Mountain Goats, yesterday was Tame Impala, tonight I'm seeing Palma Violets, and tomorrow is Desert Noises.

Same. I much prefer to attend shows alone these days.  Then I can get a good spot at the front, focus on the band, and take as much or as little time as I want to check out merch when I want, etc.

Same. I much prefer to attend shows alone these days.  Then I can get a good spot at the front, focus on the band, and take as much or as little time as I want to check out merch when I want, etc.

I usually sneak out during my least favorite song of the headliner to grab merch. No line.

I'm sad my copy of Portugal. The Man's Church Mouth sounds like shit on vinyl. Anyone else have the reissue, how does yours sound? Mine's the Coachella version on white. The OG press sounded really good, but I sold it to grab the repress since it had the bonus tracks. I want to rip the bonus tracks, but they are full of pops and clicks.

What irritates me is I just saw another brush on Amazon that states that it reduces static just by having carbon fiber bristles. These lies are getting old fast.

White does hold data the worst out of all colors. Have you listened to any other variants? I try to avoid white if all possible.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic