For me its a weird anxiety thing. I think I've had too many people sneak up on me while sitting with headphones on. My desk faces the door though so it should be easier. :) For some reason I felt like listening to Chem Bros - We Are the Night so I'm playing that through them right now.

Surrender 

Always has been.  Always will be.   ;)

We Are The Night is the first of theirs that I bought new and the first I could listen all the way through. Not sure if those 2 things are related but the previous albums have songs that are pretty annoying for me. I borrowed Surrender from a neighbor once. First thing I bought of theirs was the Electrobank single as a blind purchase that turned out to be awesome.

The drums in Saturate sure beats the drums Dave did for those 2 Prodigy tunes. ;)

JK, one of those songs is pretty Kick Ass

Fucking rain. There is too much water for my sump pump to keep up, so it's trickling into the basement again. I'm just glad it's not nearly as much as before I installed the sump.

that's hard to do sometimes. like with r kelly. i love me some ignition remix, but hard for me to separate the allegations of him peeing and pooping on underage girls while having sex with them. reputation can taint the opinions of how others perceive your art.

edit: looks like your comments are positive/neutral.

Must have gotten some upvotes.

With someone like R Kelly, just don't pay for his music or go to his shows. Thats the upside of our digital world, you can enjoy music without paying for it.

With someone like Michael Jackson whose music had an insanely huge impact on pop culture and is now dead you can pick up Thriller guilt free. The bass line from Billie Jean didn't allegedly molest children.

If anyone of you are looking for something to read today, Ars Technica has a great article on the Silk Road trial.  It's pretty long and mostly retreads older articles, but it's a nice 'all in one place' thing.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/05/sunk-how-ross-ulbricht-ended-up-in-prison-for-life/

I got a second job!! I start working full time at the Hilton Homewood Suites as a Van Driver in two weeks. I'm gonna be tired but if stick to my plan, I can save our wedding budget in 9 months.

Second jobs suck but you'll be able to stack money really quick ! You'll even be too tired to spend :D. But short term like with what you're doing shouldn't be too bad !

I'm going back to my old job this week. It'll only be 2 nights a week to gather a bit of extra cash, so I can pay my loans off quick. I'm not happy, but it's easy and laid back and nothing goes on at night there. I'll have week nights free, since my friend moved away this weekend and he was the only one willing to chill during the week. Yay boring life until I can these this shitty city.

Edit: Congrats on the 2nd job, they suck, but it'll certainly make the wedding bills easier. Driving around would not be bad.

Edit 2: The last 4 days in a row, I suddenly feel really sick for a few hours and it goes away. It is really annoying, and worrisome. I should find a new doctor this week, since I hate my with a passion.

Second jobs suck but you'll be able to stack money really quick ! You'll even be too tired to spend :D. But short term like with what you're doing shouldn't be too bad !

Exactly. I'm keeping my eyes on the prize. This won't be forever.

I'm going back to my old job this week. It'll only be 2 nights a week to gather a bit of extra cash, so I can pay my loans off quick. I'm not happy, but it's easy and laid back and nothing goes on at night there. I'll have week nights free, since my friend moved away this weekend and he was the only one willing to chill during the week. Yay boring life until I can these this shitty city.

Edit: Congrats on the 2nd job, they suck, but it'll certainly make the wedding bills easier. Driving around would not be bad.

Edit 2: The last 4 days in a row, I suddenly feel really sick for a few hours and it goes away. It is really annoying, and worrisome. I should find a new doctor this week, since I hate my with a passion.

Thanks man!

I'm terrible at building/assembling things and I'm going to fuck up these kallex shelves :unsure:

But I'm excited to ditch the crate setup. FINALLY

The only issue I had with mine, is one of the hole was not big enough for the metal piece so the top would not go on right. I had to drill it out a bit to make it fit properly.

I think VC needs a tagging system or something. I can never keep track of who is who after they change their names.

Kess ---> Kanye West

Kief Sweat ---> PRINCE

eggie vedder ---> Han Solo

Will From West Philly ---> Family Friendly Rap God

The Nacho Man Randy Taylor ---> The Ghost of Randy Savage (actually, IIRC, that was his name before)

Must have gotten some upvotes.

With someone like R Kelly, just don't pay for his music or go to his shows. Thats the upside of our digital world, you can enjoy music without paying for it.

With someone like Michael Jackson whose music had an insanely huge impact on pop culture and is now dead you can pick up Thriller guilt free. The bass line from Billie Jean didn't allegedly molest children.

yeah, r kelly still puts out some good tunes here and there, so it's a tough call. was never a huge michael jackson fan and definitely think dude got creepy as hell, but agree that billie jean is a jam. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic