Oh whoops. I'm on mobile and it was being lame.

Thanks. Yeah. I'm just ready for the holidays to be over :( gonna be a bummed out pile of sad and stress until then probably :/ in the meantime, gonna try to distract myself with beers, records, and terrible holiday movies.

I'm sorry I hope you feel better, but it sounds like a good plan to cope. Let me know if you need anything

Good morning.

Was super stressed and anxious last night, so slept maybe 4 hours :( all the coffee and cigarettes in the rain right now. Working from home today. Depending on how much I actually have to get done, I very much feel that today might be a drink beers all day kind of day.

Feel better Lauren!

Sounds like we all need a good vacation. Unfortunality my trip back home is going to be filled with things to do. No time to relax. It'll be nice to see some people though.

Sounds like we all need a good vacation. Unfortunality my trip back home is going to be filled with things to do. No time to relax. It'll be nice to see some people though.

At least you won't be at work, which is always a nice change of pace.

If I have to explain how to type in a website's address to one more person today, I am going to go insane. It took someone 20 minutes earlier to figure out how to do it without doing a google search for it.

Back from the doctor....with two new prescriptions added to the fold.... That now makes 9 different medications at various intervals throughout my days and nights....At what point does Social Security figure out I'm not looking for a free ride and am really disabled? 

Edit: Three of the nine are for seizure control alone...

Back from the doctor....with two new prescriptions added to the fold.... That now makes 9 different medications at various intervals throughout my days and nights....At what point does Social Security figure out I'm not looking for a free ride and am really disabled?

I would think without your license, you would qualify, no?

Edit: Three of the nine are for seizure control alone...

Geez, sorry to hear that Jason. I have problems remembering to take my anxiety meds in the morning sometimes, so I can't imagine how annoying that would be. Hoping SS comes through for you asap.

Geez, sorry to hear that Jason. I have problems remembering to take my anxiety meds in the morning sometimes, so I can't imagine how annoying that would be. Hoping SS comes through for you asap.

Thanks Thomas. This next year is my year, I am going to say it and believe it so it comes true!! And yes, I have bells and whistles going off on my phone all the time to remind me when it's time to pop a pill.. Got the little old man "pills for the week" organizer too Lol

Thanks Thomas. This next year is my year, I am going to say it and believe it so it comes true!! And yes, I have bells and whistles going off on my phone all the time to remind me when it's time to pop a pill.. Got the little old man "pills for the week" organizer too Lol

Hey, whatever works!

next year is all you Jason!

It'll be his year for sure

you know what really grinds my gears, smelly anti-bacterial hand gel. i love anti-bacterial hand gel...i rather use that than wash my hands with soap. but do we have to have "warm apple" or "fresh sparkling snow" smelling hand gel?...it has 1 job people, to rid my hands of germs!

I have a strongly worded email written up to send to my supervisor and HR rep about all the crap I see here every day, but I just can't bring myself to send it. I feel like I'm "tattling" or am being unprofessional. I just hate every second I'm here because of these problems, and I feel like something should be addressed regardless of it I keep working here or not. Hopefully not, just waiting until after the new year to resume the job search since nothing will get done anyway before then.

I have a strongly worded email written up to send to my supervisor and HR rep about all the crap I see here every day, but I just can't bring myself to send it. I feel like I'm "tattling" or am being unprofessional. I just hate every second I'm here because of these problems, and I feel like something should be addressed regardless of it I keep working here or not. Hopefully not, just waiting until after the new year to resume the job search since nothing will get done anyway before then.

To make your workplace better for the people who will take your place in the future, I would recommend having a candid conversation with someone regarding the issues you are seeing. Calling out specific workers obviously isn't the way to go, but generalizing the problem areas may be good. It's not really as bad as tattling - constructive criticism is necessary for those who are blind to it, and have become accustomed to those problems.

no anonymous ethics hotline?

To make your workplace better for the people who will take your place in the future, I would recommend having a candid conversation with someone regarding the issues you are seeing. Calling out specific workers obviously isn't the way to go, but generalizing the problem areas may be good. It's not really as bad as tattling - constructive criticism is necessary for those who are blind to it, and have become accustomed to those problems.

Well no one will be taking my place if I leave, they are not hiring anyone else since the system we support will be gone in the nearish future. I did not mention names specifically at all, just generalizing what I see and experience. Maybe I'll ask for a meeting with the HR rep.

Well no one will be taking my place if I leave, they are not hiring anyone else since the system we support will be gone in the nearish future. I did not mention names specifically at all, just generalizing what I see and experience. Maybe I'll ask for a meeting with the HR rep.

Yeah, I think regardless a face-to-face discussion about it will probably be met with more respect and seriousness than another e-mail. Good luck!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic