On another note:

I played a solo acoustic show last night. The guys I opened for said that it'd be a low-key event and that hardly anyone will be there.  Took a bit of stress off my shoulders because I'd rarely played a full acoustic set by myself.  When I show up, it was quite the opposite.  What I thought was going to be a smattering of 5-10 people turned out to be maybe 3-4 times that much.

It was a good show.

What kind of music do you play? I'll try and see you and say hello if you come to town

My solo stuff is more folky/punk stuff.  Think a young Tom Waits' gravelly baritone with a touch of Thom Yorke falsettos and a Nick Cave cadence (that's really hyping it up).

But then I have other solo acoustic stuff that's so goddamn saccharine I'm ashamed to play it in public.

The stuff with my band started as a groovy doom/noise experimentation.   After playing a couple house parties, we then developed into a surfy garage indie sound reminiscent of the Beach Goth scene. It's melodic and danceable, but still a little garage sloppy and noisy.  Fun music to play, fun music to dance to.

My solo stuff is more folky/punk stuff.  Think a young Tom Waits' gravelly baritone with a touch of Thom Yorke falsettos and a Nick Cave cadence (that's really hyping it up).

But then I have other solo acoustic stuff that's so goddamn saccharine I'm ashamed to play it in public.

The stuff with my band started as a groovy doom/noise experimentation.   After playing a couple house parties, we then developed into a surfy garage indie sound reminiscent of the Beach Goth scene. It's melodic and danceable, but still a little garage sloppy and noisy.  Fun music to play, fun music to dance to.

Have a Bandcamp link or something?

Have a Bandcamp link or something?

We've been recording recently, but nothing polished up and mastered.  I'm afraid to put a rough demo online before we get everything together.

Right now we have 6 solid songs for a set and then a few that we couldn't play live (too long/weird/soft).  My guitarist was talking about funding a pressing of a few hundred 7" records, but I'm honestly terrified to get my work pressed into grooves.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist... 

We've been recording recently, but nothing polished up and mastered.  I'm afraid to put a rough demo online before we get everything together.

Right now we have 6 solid songs for a set and then a few that we couldn't play live (too long/weird/soft).  My guitarist was talking about funding a pressing of a few hundred 7" records, but I'm honestly terrified to get my work pressed into grooves.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist... 

Always interested in hearing you ST dolls play music, when you get something recorded post a link <3

We've been recording recently, but nothing polished up and mastered. I'm afraid to put a rough demo online before we get everything together.

Right now we have 6 solid songs for a set and then a few that we couldn't play live (too long/weird/soft). My guitarist was talking about funding a pressing of a few hundred 7" records, but I'm honestly terrified to get my work pressed into grooves. I'm a bit of a perfectionist...

Press that shit. I'll buy one.

If it sucks I'm turning it into a bowl tho

I demand a /1 variant

Always interested in hearing you ST dolls play music, when you get something recorded post a link <3

Most definitely!  :D

Press that shit. I'll buy one.

If it sucks I'm turning it into a bowl tho

I demand a /1 variant

I'll likely post it on the forums once it's pressed up, but that'll likely be a while from now.

It's gonna be the shittiest bowl you own!  ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic