I don't really care about childhood classics being shit. That's just how the entertainment industry works. I just don't think Paul Feig movies are any good.

Seriously, it's always been a commercial property. The only reason we haven't had a bunch of new ones yet is Bill Murray kept shredding the scripts.

I dislike Feig and Apatow so much that I'm afraid to ever revisit Freaks and Geeks because I don't want to realize it actually sucked.

Seriously, it's always been a commercial property. The only reason we haven't had a bunch of new ones yet is Bill Murray kept shredding the scripts.

I dislike Feig and Apatow so much that I'm afraid to ever revisit Freaks and Geeks because I don't want to realize it actually sucked.

It kinda does suck.

No way, Freaks and Geeks rocks.

As far as Ghostbusters goes, I just watched the trailer. Not really feeling it, not because of the female cast, but it just seems like another ok comedy with predictable humor. There's just been so many of those lately. Maybe I'll watch at it at some point, but it's not a theater movie for me. I'm pretty selective about what I see in theaters these days anyway considering ticket prices. I wasn't a big fan of the original anyway. And I'm not a huge fan of reboots. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it though. I do love me some Wiig.

I'll probably go see it because A. it amuses to to think of all the misogynist douchecanoes in my neck of the woods getting severe sand in their britches over the all-female cast, and B. Kristin Wiig.

I do like her.

I don't mind Apatow's stuff.  I don't find any of them great, but they're decent usually.  They're always too fucking long though.  Dude needs a better editor.

As far as Ghostbusters goes, I just watched the trailer. Not really feeling it, not because of the female cast, but it just seems like another ok comedy with predictable humor. There's just been so many of those lately. Maybe I'll watch at it at some point, but it's not a theater movie for me. I'm pretty selective about what I see in theaters these days anyway considering ticket prices. I wasn't a big fan of the original anyway. And I'm not a huge fan of reboots. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it though. I do love me some Wiig.

I never see comedies in theatres, I think it's a waste. The Revenant, The Witch, and The Hateful Eight(35mm

was amazing) are movies you see in theaters.

I never see comedies in theatres, I think it's a waste. The Revenant, The Witch, and The Hateful Eight(35mm

was amazing) are movies you see in theaters.

Yeah, same here. I love comedies, but I don't want to see them in theaters. I also want to watch it by myself and be the only one I have to hear laugh. I go to theaters for cinematic experiences: Hateful Eight, Star Wars, various super hero movies.

Yeah, same here. I love comedies, but I don't want to see them in theaters. I also want to watch it by myself and be the only one I have to hear laugh. I go to theaters for cinematic experiences: Hateful Eight, Star Wars, various super hero movies.

Exactly, because people are stupid and have no sense of humor (my girlfriend would say that I'm talking about

myself).. oooh I forgot about Star Wars, that's a given. I've still got to see Deadpool before it leaves the

theatre

I'll see Ghostbusters in theaters just because 3D is fun. It's not necessary, but I dint mind paying the extra couple bucks to get something I can't by watching at home.

I used to see between 30-50 movies in theaters a year. I think my record was 70 when my buddy worked at the local theater. Now I see maybe 5.

Exactly, because people are stupid and have no sense of humor (my girlfriend would say that I'm talking about

myself).. oooh I forgot about Star Wars, that's a given. I've still got to see Deadpool before it leaves the

theatre

I was laughing hysterically throughout Deadpool and everyone else just kept gasping. I have a feeling I got some funny looks.

I haven't seen a superhero movie since Guardians of the Galaxy and before. That the first Avengers. I'm burnt out on that shit, I don't even download them anymore.

I might go see Batman vs Superman but only because I've been waiting for 20 years. Zack Snyder is the worst so I expect it to suck.

I haven't seen a superhero movie since Guardians of the Galaxy and before. That the first Avengers. I'm burnt out on that shit, I don't even download them anymore.

I might go see Batman vs Superman but only because I've been waiting for 20 years. Zack Snyder is the worst so I expect it to suck.

Take me to Deadpool.

My take on new movies in a classic series. If you don't want to see a new version, don't. Just because they make a new one, does not make the old ones any less awesome. It's not like they are going to your house and destroying your copy of the old ones, so you'll never be able to watch them again.

I never understood why Coors is called "Banquet Beer" is it supposed to mean it's fancy so it's fit for a banquet or that it fills you up like eating a banquet? Because neither statement is true

It's probably the former. They try to give that persona of being a fancy beer but it tastes like piss as does all of the major brands.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic