Just replaced a couple of joysticks on my N64 controllers that were really wobbly and worn out.  Holy shit, I can't believe how easy and cheap of a fix it was and how I didn't think to do it sooner.  My brother and I still play super smash bros. on a regular basis

Seriously took less than 10 minutes total and now they're basically like new.

Just watch it.

One of the stupidest things ever posted on this board.

Those cops weren't trying to start shit. They were out there trying to save lives from drunk drivers. The fact that the dude started out by not rolling his window down is enough to make a reasonable person think he is hiding something (how this works with the law I don't know. I am just talking about what a normal human being should expect). Roll the freaking window down, say "hey, how you doing. I haven't had anything to drink and am just driving home." and the cop would have said "have a nice night."

This is like driving in circles around the police station for an hour. Is it illegal? No. Is it asking for someone to pull you over and figure out what the fuck is wrong with you? Of course.

Those cops weren't trying to start shit. They were out there trying to save lives from drunk drivers. The fact that the dude started out by not rolling his window down is enough to make a reasonable person think he is hiding something (how this works with the law I don't know. I am just talking about what a normal human being should expect). Roll the freaking window down, say "hey, how you doing. I haven't had anything to drink and am just driving home." and the cop would have said "have a nice night."

This is like driving in circles around the police station for an hour. Is it illegal? No. Is it asking for someone to pull you over and figure out what the fuck is wrong with you? Of course.

haha oh wow this video pissed me off...like you said the cops were out there for a reason. just fucking do what the cop says. no matter what. i bet if this perfect kid were to just drive around with camera on being perfect no cop would stop him. he provoked this situation. 

and then whines about the dog scratching up his car, oh no.

A fair assessment, since it's up to all of us, to a person, to decide what level of tacit acceptance we are comfortable with when it comes to government intrusion. However, that doesn't make abuse of authority and disregard of the fourth amendment okay.

Would the kid have had an easier night if he just rolled his window down and played along? Probably.

Does that make a cop being sassy about how he "didn't do anything" and he "knows his rights" acceptable? Absolutely not.

It's one of those slippery slope kind of things. Are you okay with everyone being randomly stopped if it might save some lives? What about being searched? Should they be allowed to go through your cell phone? What if you're on foot? Should you have to "show your papers" on demand? What organizations do you belong to? What kind of things are the people you associate with into?

Was the kid in the wrong? Probably debatable, depending on your standard of what kind of bullshit a person should have to put up with. Were the police in the wrong? According to the fundamental laws of the land, absolutely and without question, they were.

This was at a DUI stop, to see if he was drunk, which they did not ask him at any point. He is allowed in his constitutional right, to roll down his window just enough for the cop to hear him as long as his hands are showing. You have the right to refuse to answer questions if you haven't broken the law, which he had not. He asked multiple times if he was being detained, they did not answer, (I'm not sure but I think you have to answer that). He was not pulled over for a traffic violation and without proper reason and consent they cannon search his vehicle if he the owner say not to. Just because he is a cop doesn't me he can take away your rights.

haha oh wow this video pissed me off...like you said the cops were out there for a reason. just fucking do what the cop says. no matter what. i bet if this perfect kid were to just drive around with camera on being perfect no cop would stop him. he provoked this situation. 

and then whines about the dog scratching up his car, oh no.

He did not at all provoke the situation he was calm and reasonable, he knew what is rights were and expressed this instead of just conforming to what your higher up tells you. The reason he complained about the dog scratching his vehicle is because, those dents and scratches ruin trade in value. That's like me coming to your house and taking your vinyl, that you paid good money for, and just stepping on the jacket, it ruins trade in value. Was he a tad bit smart, yes in the sense that he didn't just conform like everybody else which upset the cop, was the cop in the right of what he did nope, not at all.

This was at a DUI stop, to see if he was drunk, which they did not ask him at any point. He is allowed in his constitutional right, to roll down his window just enough for the cop to hear him as long as his hands are showing. You have the right to refuse to answer questions if you haven't broken the law, which he had not. He asked multiple times if he was being detained, they did not answer, (I'm not sure but I think you have to answer that). He was not pulled over for a traffic violation and without proper reason and consent they cannon search his vehicle if he the owner say not to. Just because he is a cop doesn't me he can take away your rights.

He did not at all provoke the situation he was calm and reasonable, he knew what is rights were and expressed this instead of just conforming to what your higher up tells you. The reason he complained about the dog scratching his vehicle is because, those dents and scratches ruin trade in value. That's like me coming to your house and taking your vinyl, that you paid good money for, and just stepping on the jacket, it ruins trade in value. Was he a tad bit smart, yes in the sense that he didn't just conform like everybody else which upset the cop, was the cop in the right of what he did nope, not at all.

I'm sure if he had no intention to provoke the situation he wouldn't have rolled in there with a video camera recording the whole thing.

I think both sides are in the wrong here, but I still think that guy's an asshat. 

I'm sure if he had no intention to provoke the situation he wouldn't have rolled in there with a video camera recording the whole thing.

I think both sides are in the wrong here, but I still think that guy's an asshat. 

i highly doubt the dog left dents, scratches maybe..but still, wah. youre from texas, these hail storms dont even leave dents. like youinreverse said, he clearly went in there wanting to make this scene. no doubt...you can't argue that. haha i cant even talk about this. its just too stupid. the kid sucks. i can picture him going all out in a high school debate and just sucking.

is there any value in 311 vinyl? 

Some people always have a camera on in the car. Some people flip their cameras on when they see some bullshit jumping off - for example, at police checkpoints. To be honest, it's not a bad idea these days.

Not that it's relevant, either way.

i was gonna bring up the people in russia and stuff who all have dash cams. i think its a good idea too. 

been reading a bit about different turntables, i have a cheap crosley cause a few years ago i liked that it could play multiple formats, rarely used it but now that i am getting more vinyl and playing them more frequently i am more concerned over their condition such.

perhaps an upgrade is in order

As Steve said, I see it falling in a grey area. The constitution says you have a right to bear arms, but this doesn't mean you can own a bazooka. The constitution says guards against unlawful search and seizure, but who exactly translated this into "you can roll your window down a tad at a DUI checkpoint when an officer asks you to roll it down all the way?" To me, this is suspicious behavior that warrants a vehicle search.

Abovetheearth's opinion probably matters more but the way I see it, the cops new this guy was going to be a hard time. The cop was giving a warning "this kid is might be trying to start some legal drama so be on your toes with him," not "he knows his rights but lets violate them anyways."

The thing is is that all of this could have been avoided if he was cooperative. You don't have to "conform" to someone that is higher up than you. Just cooperate and then you'll be on your way. If you haven't done anything wrong, then why try to provoke the situation? Show them respect and more than likely they will return it. They're just trying to do their job.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic