what are your options for places to move to?

Not sure yet. I'm aiming for Florida. *everyone from Florida lets out a groan and a WHY HERE comment*

who were you singing to me on IG the other day?

Candy Hearts.

Casey Kasem is my favorite. He used to have a radio show and I would loooose my mind everytime he spoke. I just really loved Scooby Doo.

Not sure yet. I'm aiming for Florida. *everyone from Florida lets out a groan and a WHY HERE comment*

Casey Kasem is my favorite. He used to have a radio show and I would loooose my mind everytime he spoke. I just really loved Scooby Doo.

not gonna lie; florida is probably one of the last places i would want to live, just because of the miserable weather. and i would miss snow. kind of why i don't move to texas, haha.

what kind of things do you have to take into account when deciding where is good to live? can't you pretty much live anywhere with what you want to do? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

also, listened to casey kasem every week. loved hiimmmmmm.

not gonna lie; florida is probably one of the last places i would want to live, just because of the miserable weather. and i would miss snow. kind of why i don't move to texas, haha.

what kind of things do you have to take into account when deciding where is good to live? can't you pretty much live anywhere with what you want to do? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

This and the job market sucks in Florida

Florida has been apparent in my life for a really long time. I'll miss seasons, for sure...but my family will still be up here. A good majority of my friends live down there. Not just friends who you talk to every once in awhile, like jump into arms and cry when you see each other friends. I went to a Florida college so they should be able to easily place me down there. But I really could go anywhere.

I had 7 great years in Florida. Aim to a liberal bastion: Gainesville, areas of Tampa, some of the Miami area. It's a very transient state so make friends with what I call "lifers". 

I feel like the state was always nuts but something definitely changed in 2000 with the whole Bush v. Gore and Ralph Nader election debacle. Those few months caused a divide in the state that allowed true nut jobs to rapidly rise to power in a state that had a pretty decent (not great mind you) record of parity. In 1998 even my Republican Congressman was a doctor and Vegan!!! I mean, I can't imagine any Repub that isn't a born again hunter being elected now. 

If I'm honest, I don't think I could ever move back unless I was landing in Gainesville or Tampa where I could create a bubble around myself.  It is however a naturally gorgeous state that if you are into the outdoors you will never tire of exploring. 

I lived in Tampa for nearly 30 years and had no real problems with it. Hipsters are slowly seeping in and taking over, especially in the Seminole Heights area, so there is that.

I mean, when we present to career development we have to have a main idea where we want to go. We can say that we want to relocate where ever, but they want some sort of first choice. I don't want to stay here and Cali is too pricy. So we'll see what they say.

in terms of awesome-ness and music, i'd seriously consider/check out Austin. i love all of TX, but it's definitely my favorite city there.

Yeah, I would totally do Austin too...mainly because of the potential to relocate within the company, but I am cool with AZ for now.

Don't let the naysayers sway you Lagon...FL is not that bad as long as you stay out of the boonies.

What's career development? Just move to Florida

They'll place me with an advisor who helps me hunt for jobs in my field and stuff. 

in terms of awesome-ness and music, i'd seriously consider/check out Austin. i love all of TX, but it's definitely my favorite city there.

I know Austin has a lot of music and art related communities. I've never been, so I can't really judge it. It's an option. Part of it for me is that while I'm okay with figuring out a new city and learning how to make new friends...I have a really great support system in Florida. So I know I would never get too lonely or scared. Those feelings obviously help push us to do greater things but this would be my first big move...so it would just be nice to have people to turn to...let alone entire families that treat me like their extra child. 

But I'm willing to go wherever wants to hire me. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic