Depends on how much time you want to spend. I'd check Planet Records and maybe Weirdo as well. Weirdo is hard to browse since the store is tiny and they store everything sort of fucked up.

I've never had much luck at Cheapo, lots of old stuff. Lots of country, bluegrass and jazz if I recall. In You Ear is near Planet Records and Newbury in Havard Square but boy is it not organized. Could be worth it if you really want a session.

If you aren't going to Cambridge then Newbury on Newbury street is all I got. But they have a decent selection and I think a decent used selection too. Could have been a sale section though, don't exactly remember. 

Sounds like a plan. I'm out at 5, then grocery shopping, then getting baked & watching movies til 6am.

I like your plan better than mine, I'd substitute beer with baked though.  I have a friend in town all weekend, so I'm pretty sure I'll be stuck going out later.  A quiet night in seems better.

I love my job.

One word of advice... do not quit unless you have your next job. The way the job market is, your finding a decent job after a gap becomes that much more difficult.

I quit my job and moved across the country, but I couldn't have done it if I didn't have a place to stay for free (ish) and if we didn't have a good chunk in savings to sustain us. Also, in a couple of the interviews I had, the interviewer was critical of my choice to leave my job with nothing lined up even though I moved for a legitimate reason (baby coming, moved close to family).

It all worked out somehow, however. Got a great job and we just got the keys to a house and life is looking great.

With all that said... DONT QUIT YOUR JOB WITHOUT HAVING A NEW JOB LINED UP. ITS SCARY.

Oh hey, my new job has me in Pittsburgh (Warrendale, to be exact) for a couple weeks off and on over the next couple months. My best friend just started at Pitt this week, so I'll know someone in the area already even if he's new to the area too. Anyone got good suggestions for stuff to do in the area? All I've got planned so far is a couple of Pirates games.

Oh hey, my new job has me in Pittsburgh (Warrenville, to be exact) for a couple weeks off and on over the next couple months. My best friend just started at Pitt this week, so I'll know someone in the area already even if he's new to the area too. Anyone got good suggestions for stuff to do in the area? All I've got planned so far is a couple of Pirates games.

I believe Sean (Gnome) is from Pittsburgh. He could probably throw some stuff at you.

I believe Sean (Gnome) is from Pittsburgh. He could probably throw some stuff at you.

Ashton knows her stuff  :P

Oh hey, my new job has me in Pittsburgh (Warrendale, to be exact) for a couple weeks off and on over the next couple months. My best friend just started at Pitt this week, so I'll know someone in the area already even if he's new to the area too. Anyone got good suggestions for stuff to do in the area? All I've got planned so far is a couple of Pirates games.

I'd be happy to help. Either shoot me a PM or just post what kind of stuff you like to do and I'll try and get ya set up around town. I'm not too sure about Cranberry though and I think you're much closer to Cranberry than you are to Pittsburgh. Either way, we'll get this figured out. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic