So here is what happened with a little more detail:

A dude walked into my fucking apartment at 5:30 this morning.

I had maybe been asleep for an hour. Luckily I'm a light sleeper and was asleep on the couch (like I always am). He comes in saying he needs a place to hide. It's a fucking cave in my apartment so I can't see this dude at all. I think he is holding a bag or something, in the way a girl holds a teddy bear. I calmly told him to leave. He said it a few more times. He has remained at my front door the entire time, but now he starts to walk forward. He asked if I was James. He said he was looking for his dog Max. Then he walks back to the door leaning against it like I have a peephole to look out of, trying to see if the coast is clear. He must have been drugged out of his mind. I finally got him to leave. I don't really know how long it actually took, maybe only a minute.

I'm not sure if he was wasted and mistook my apartment for someone else's or was just fucking insane or both.

I'm so lucky I didn't do something stupid in my daze or do something rash. I could have been fucking murdered, or worse, my record could have been stolen (I definitely would have knifed someone for that).

And I'm so fucking livid with roommate right now. I want to fucking slap her for not locking the door when she came in from letting the dog out. I don't know how this dude found my apartment door and decided to see if it was unlocked being as we live in a fucking apartment complex. Especially since my apartment is tucked in the back corner and you can't even see it looking straight at the building. What the fuck.

I haven't slept and I'm still a little shook up since it was pitch dark and I had only fallen asleep about an hour before it happened.

I went and told my roommate what happened and she says "I'm scared". I turn to leave and say "thanks for almost getting me murdered". I'm so livid that happened because of someone else's stupidity. I always lock the door when I get in, always. No matter what. I'm so pissed that I went through it and that bitch went back to bed.

Fuck.

Sorry for the rant.

I just got 2 packages from GoHastings last week and both were in standard vinyl mailers.  Prior to that I've order a few other times and it was never bad.  I have gotten some damaged records from them, but they were clearance stuff that looked like it was just beat to heck sitting on a shelf and moved around a bunch.

So here is what happened with a little more detail:

A dude walked into my fucking apartment at 5:30 this morning.

I had maybe been asleep for an hour. Luckily I'm a light sleeper and was asleep on the couch (like I always am). He comes in saying he needs a place to hide. It's a fucking cave in my apartment so I can't see this dude at all. I think he is holding a bag or something, in the way a girl holds a teddy bear. I calmly told him to leave. He said it a few more times. He has remained at my front door the entire time, but now he starts to walk forward. He asked if I was James. He said he was looking for his dog Max. Then he walks back to the door leaning against it like I have a peephole to look out of, trying to see if the coast is clear. He must have been drugged out of his mind. I finally got him to leave. I don't really know how long it actually took, maybe only a minute.

I'm not sure if he was wasted and mistook my apartment for someone else's or was just fucking insane or both.

I'm so lucky I didn't do something stupid in my daze or do something rash. I could have been fucking murdered, or worse, my record could have been stolen (I definitely would have knifed someone for that).

And I'm so fucking livid with roommate right now. I want to fucking slap her for not locking the door when she came in from letting the dog out. I don't know how this dude found my apartment door and decided to see if it was unlocked being as we live in a fucking apartment complex. Especially since my apartment is tucked in the back corner and you can't even see it looking straight at the building. What the fuck.

I haven't slept and I'm still a little shook up since it was pitch dark and I had only fallen asleep about an hour before it happened.

I went and told my roommate what happened and she says "I'm scared". I turn to leave and say "thanks for almost getting me murdered". I'm so livid that happened because of someone else's stupidity. I always lock the door when I get in, always. No matter what. I'm so pissed that I went through it and that bitch went back to bed.

Fuck.

Sorry for the rant.

Understandable. I get so pissed when people prop open our outside door so their friends can come in without them coming downstairs. So I know where you're coming from.

It's like...do you not realize it's late at night and anyone could just walk inside?

We also have locked doors at each floor, and my wife and I lock our door as well...but it drives me insane that people don't consider that something bad could happen by leaving the door wide open in what people in Portland call "the getto." (compared to where I used to live it's definitely not the ghetto. Still, not a great area.)

Fixed that for you. :)

What is a bulgur?

ha! way better!

what's a bulgur?  is that like a nooner?

bulgur is a kind of cracked wheat. it's a "healthy grain" in the same realm of food douchery as quinoa. 

Short for husband's bulge perhaps?

i like your definition better! too bad i don't have one of those. this is one very single tot. 

Understandable. I get so pissed when people prop open our outside door so their friends can come in without them coming downstairs. So I know where you're coming from.

It's like...do you not realize it's late at night and anyone could just walk inside?

We also have locked doors at each floor, and my wife and I lock our door as well...but it drives me insane that people don't consider that something bad could happen by leaving the door wide open in what people in Portland call "the getto." (compared to where I used to live it's definitely not the ghetto. Still, not a great area.)

I always lock the door when I come inside. Always. It's just instinctual. It's habit. I don't care what time of day it is. I lock the fucking door.

I have a huge kitchen knife hidden under the couch just in case. He didn't move too far away from the door though. If he would have come any closer shit would have gone down. I'm glad it didn't. Good thing I'm moving soon.

this whole thing is horrifying. i've had a few similar experiences, but never this fucked up. 

i think you've just inspired me to become one of those people that keeps a baseball bat by the door. 

this whole thing is horrifying. i've had a few similar experiences, but never this fucked up. 

i think you've just inspired me to become one of those people that keeps a shotgun by the door. 

Guns, people. Guns. Also, not by the door, dude could have just grabbed it and then he'd have had a gun/bat.

Guns are always the answer!

Especially a shotgun. Two shells of buckshot, then a slug.

If two shots of buck don't run somebody off...they really want to kill you.

Plus...if the sound of a shotgun cocking doesn't run someone of...then you're already probably in trouble.

We don't do much right over here but I fully think the gun laws are one thing we actually did well. It's always a big heavy subject to start discussing though!

Ohhhh, you're UK! I forgot. You don't have to worry as much about an intruder having a gun.

That's like...the main concern in my neighborhood.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic