Jon/Matt (same thing, amirite)

i need help with my router settings. i dont know if im gettng the full maximum benefits from it.

ill just link you to it i guess.

What kind of router/what are you trying to do?

Oh god me too.... in the last 2 weeks I've gone from a 1/2 a pack a day to almost a pack a day. Stress is really getting to me :/

Same situation. I hate smoking that much, it makes me feel so gross.

i have an Asus. its set up. just got an upgrade but i dont know how to get maximum usage from default settings.

I guess I don't understand what you mean by "maximum usage". Asus' firmware is build sorta like dd-wrt, so it's pretty powerful. What do you want it to do that it's not? If you're not doing anything crazy, then just setting up the normal passwords and encryption should be good enough for you to get done what needs to be done with it.

i have an Asus. its set up. just got an upgrade but i dont know how to get maximum usage from default settings.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm pretty sure mine is doing well (seems fine to me), but I know there are different firmwares out there and settings that can be changed. I'm scared to mess with it too much.

DD-WRT firmware can turn a consumer grade router, into a business class one (let's you do a lot, like vlans, different routing protocols, etc.) The average consumer is not going to need any of this, so the stock firmware should be fine, just keep it up to date.

Well it's definitely time to say fuck this job. The kid who trained me got promoted to another position a few months after I started, and now only a few months later, he is moving to another and they won't let me apply for his current position. They told me I have not been with the company long enough. How bs is that? I tak 35-40% of the call volume a day, and another kid takes the same. 6 other people do 20%, get paid more and are allowed to apply. Fuck corporate America.

I guess I don't understand what you mean by "maximum usage". Asus' firmware is build sorta like dd-wrt, so it's pretty powerful. What do you want it to do that it's not? If you're not doing anything crazy, then just setting up the normal passwords and encryption should be good enough for you to get done what needs to be done with it.

its hard to explain..argh. let me think.

oh man. i feeling rough today. totally worth it though. the as friends rust show last night was fucking insane. so good.

also, i got to meet ghost! here's a pic of us hanging out at the show last night. (also, he's really tall)

17125622487_a8799fe29c_z.jpg

Ha, he really is a ghost.... I can't even see him!

OK. so i got an upgrade in mbps. i just have so many switches and settings on it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic