I just realized I have a stupid busy May and I'm a little overwhelmed thinking about it.  It's all fun stuff fortunately, but I don't know how so much shit is going on this month.  I suppose there are worse problems to have,  This weekend is the only one where I have no obligations and I'm going to make the most of it (drink beer and listen to records in my undies).

I'm not going to see Avengers. In fact I could have seen it for free last night but decided to make my girlfriend a sandwich and bring it to her at work instead.

I am going to be very smug about not seeing Avengers.

I'll watch it at home when I can download a BluRay rip for free.  I'll get pizza and drink a six pack.

I have nothing against Avengers itself, it's more so this 'cinematic universe' trend.  It's hard for me to get excited about a Marvel movie when they've got a 5+ year timeline mapped out.  I haven't heard anything mention a thing about say Captain America in years because who cares?  On to the next big Marvel movie.  They're disposable entertainment and in three or four months, everyone will have forgotten about Avengers and will be talking about whatever the film on deck is.

I'll watch it at home when I can download a BluRay rip for free.  I'll get pizza and drink a six pack.

I have nothing against Avengers itself, it's more so this 'cinematic universe' trend.  It's hard for me to get excited about a Marvel movie when they've got a 5+ year timeline mapped out.  I haven't heard anything mention a thing about say Captain America in years because who cares?  On to the next big Marvel movie.  They're disposable entertainment and in three or four months, everyone will have forgotten about Avengers and will be talking about whatever the film on deck is.

Which just so happens to be...Captain America ;)

I'll watch it at home when I can download a BluRay rip for free. I'll get pizza and drink a six pack.

I have nothing against Avengers itself, it's more so this 'cinematic universe' trend. It's hard for me to get excited about a Marvel movie when they've got a 5+ year timeline mapped out. I haven't heard anything mention a thing about say Captain America in years because who cares? On to the next big Marvel movie. They're disposable entertainment and in three or four months, everyone will have forgotten about Avengers and will be talking about whatever the film on deck is.

It's all just bland cookie cutter crowd pleasing bullshit. I don't expect it to be anything else, I know it is what it needs to be, it just doesn't interest me in the slightest. I know they can't make a weird existentialist film about Hawkeye's ennui and I wouldn't want them to. But you're right about the whole shared universe thing. I find it tedious. It's like McDonald's, you know exactly what to expect wherever you are because of rigid corporate standards. It's not how interesting or exciting art is made. But again, I'm not expecting art, but I just don't care for the product. Unlike McDonald's but that's because I like fried food and hate myself.

Now the new Mad Max movie, there's something to get stoked on.

I saw that other thread and while at a thrift store today I saw a book I thought was by him but I was way off. It could have still been worth it because its basically brand new and $1.50. But I did finally get a used copy of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, even though it was renamed and has Bladerunner movie art. That almost makes me like it more than the last copy I passed up that someone bought. Thrift store was crazy today! Never find that many things at once. Now Im rocking to Teagan and Sarah woohoo!

The book was Monster by an A.Something Something

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic