The best thing I can tell you that I've learnt along the way is this: do what makes you happy. No matter what age you are or may feel like, it's all down to what you feel fulfills you and moves you along. If you grow along the way, great. But at the same time don't get constrained by the norms and ideals that society may force upon you.

I'm on the cusp of turning 40. And yet still think and feel younger than that. I do things that could be looked down upon b/c of my age like listening to hardcore and punk and going to shows and being financially irresponsible (don't recommend that) and yet...it's all good.

If I were to get caught up on the pressures from society and parents and life that I should've settled down already with a wife and kids and house and all that stuff...dude...I would have lost my mind already.

Boom, exactly. I'm not into pressure from society. It's like this outdated playbook everyone still expects me to follow. I mean jesus, look at the amount of people who still think gay marriage is wrong. Fucking archaic. Lately I've been looking at marriage and kids as some crazy cult everyone wants me to join. (Extreme, I know) but it's like most of my friends who are parents are miserable but keep telling me I simply must have a kid! It's like they cant stand that I haven't made the sacrifices they've made and need me to join in their misery.

I mean no offense to any of the marrieds/parents here. I know plently of you are happy in your marriages and even more of you are great parents. Just not for me. And I'm a little vodka drunk.

It's everything the Hunger Games should and could have been and quickly gets a lot deeper and more interetsing than it is on first glance.

Someone's quick summary/review

Mirai Nikki, known in English as Future Diary, is one of my favorite stories of all time. You don't know me, so you don't know how big of a deal that truly is, but Future Diary is one of the most masterful expositions that I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying, and all the pieces fall perfectly in place to make it feel like a perfect present crafted just for me.

The plot synopsis by itself should be more than enough to get you interested if you are into survival game stories as it is undeniably one of the most original, and has the most potential. The rules are simple. There are 12 people who were manic diary keepers all competing in a game of last-man-standing with the prize being the throne of god. To make things interesting, god has given these people's diaries the ability to tell them the future as if their diary entries were already written. This makes for some truly nail biting battles as people are constantly trying to avoid death as they use whatever information their diaries can give them about the future to escape death, and exploit any lack of information of other people's diaries to pin them down and finish them off.

That is just the beginning however. Yuki, the first person to receive one of these future diaries, is rather timid and introverted. Most definitely not suited to playing a survival game, even though as an introvert he would fill his diary with whatever things he saw happen around him, making his diary the most broad and useful. So, he must team up with his psychotic stalker Yuno Gasai, who is the most enchantingly insane character that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Unlike Yuki, Yuno's killer instincts are razor sharp, and she has the brutality to follow through on it. However, Yuno's diary also leaves her incredibly vulnerable. As a crazy infatuated stalker, Yuno would only fill her diary with entries about Yuki, so her future diary will only give her updates as to what happens to him. This leads to a co-dependence to survive the game, and how their relationship develops is extremely unique and engaging.

The series thrives on mystery, action, and horror as the two teenagers struggle to make it out of each encounter still alive, and it kept me thoroughly engaged all the way to the very end, where some of the biggest plot twists this side of 999: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.

If you are at all a fan of survival games, romance born out of darkness, or looking for an intense character study of a true "yandere" trope, Mirai Nikki is more than worth the pick-up. One of the best anime to come out in the last decade, this is most definitely not something you will want to miss.

I'm done gushing now.

It's everything the Hunger Games should and could have been and quickly gets a lot deeper and more interetsing than it is on first glance.

Someone's quick summary/review

Mirai Nikki, known in English as Future Diary, is one of my favorite stories of all time. You don't know me, so you don't know how big of a deal that truly is, but Future Diary is one of the most masterful expositions that I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying, and all the pieces fall perfectly in place to make it feel like a perfect present crafted just for me.

The plot synopsis by itself should be more than enough to get you interested if you are into survival game stories as it is undeniably one of the most original, and has the most potential. The rules are simple. There are 12 people who were manic diary keepers all competing in a game of last-man-standing with the prize being the throne of god. To make things interesting, god has given these people's diaries the ability to tell them the future as if their diary entries were already written. This makes for some truly nail biting battles as people are constantly trying to avoid death as they use whatever information their diaries can give them about the future to escape death, and exploit any lack of information of other people's diaries to pin them down and finish them off.

That is just the beginning however. Yuki, the first person to receive one of these future diaries, is rather timid and introverted. Most definitely not suited to playing a survival game, even though as an introvert he would fill his diary with whatever things he saw happen around him, making his diary the most broad and useful. So, he must team up with his psychotic stalker Yuno Gasai, who is the most enchantingly insane character that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Unlike Yuki, Yuno's killer instincts are razor sharp, and she has the brutality to follow through on it. However, Yuno's diary also leaves her incredibly vulnerable. As a crazy infatuated stalker, Yuno would only fill her diary with entries about Yuki, so her future diary will only give her updates as to what happens to him. This leads to a co-dependence to survive the game, and how their relationship develops is extremely unique and engaging.

The series thrives on mystery, action, and horror as the two teenagers struggle to make it out of each encounter still alive, and it kept me thoroughly engaged all the way to the very end, where some of the biggest plot twists this side of 999: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.

If you are at all a fan of survival games, romance born out of darkness, or looking for an intense character study of a true "yandere" trope, Mirai Nikki is more than worth the pick-up. One of the best anime to come out in the last decade, this is most definitely not something you will want to miss.

I'm done gushing now.

I asumme you've never watched Battle Royale then.

I'm drinking vodka and smoking weed while I do hella housework. Been putting off putting the groceries away too. Ugh, being an adult is hard. Sometimes I just have to whine about it.

AND BLADE DOESNT EVEN CARE

I did all my housework yesterday so I could go shopping and drink today! Gotta plan that shit out boo

I'm drinking vodka and smoking weed while I do hella housework. Been putting off putting the groceries away too. Ugh, being an adult is hard. Sometimes I just have to whine about it.

AND BLADE DOESNT EVEN CARE

I did all my housework yesterday so I could go shopping and drink today! Gotta plan that shit out boo

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic