I'm out:

seinfeld-outta-here.gif

My daily work routine after the first hour or so. It's even worse when my phone rings 5-6 times in a row before the old guy next to me gets one call. I'm higher in the call queue for some reason.

My daily work routine after the first hour or so. It's even worse when my phone rings 5-6 times in a row before the old guy next to me gets one call. I'm higher in the call queue for some reason.

The first half of my day is playing catch up from the previous day. Our system was supposed to be down for 30 minutes, that turned in 3 hours. I was here late taking care of shit. I stayed 2 hours late on Friday too, but the OT is awesome. 

The first half of my day is playing catch up from the previous day. Our system was supposed to be down for 30 minutes, that turned in 3 hours. I was here late taking care of shit. I stayed 2 hours late on Friday too, but the OT is awesome. 

That's shitty, but OT is nice. We are not allowed to get OT unless there is major issue, I pretty much have to hang up on people if I'm going to go over my 40 hours if I get stuck on a call at the end of the week.

Anyone else have a spinclean? I got mine yesterday, and just ran a few records through some distilled water. They look a hell of a lot better. I felt weird spinning the records, because a few times I'd be off a bit and the record would bend. I guess I put too much pressure. Obviously not enough to hurt the records, but still made me slow down and watch what I was doing.

You guys ever have one of those jobs where they dump work on you but don't train you how to handle each unique situation,but then you look bad for making mistakes? What do you expect when I'm being slammed with so much work that I haven't been fully trained on and doing the best I can.

I don't get it. Why overload the new guy? Why not train me fully and give me time to adjust? Throw me to the wolves why don't you. Haha.

You guys ever have one of those jobs where they dump work on you but don't train you how to handle each unique situation,but then you look bad for making mistakes? What do you expect when I'm being slammed with so much work that I haven't been fully trained on and doing the best I can.

I don't get it. Why overload the new guy? Why not train me fully and give me time to adjust? Throw me to the wolves why don't you. Haha.

Yeah. It's cheaper to toss it on you, than pay you or someone else to do the extra responsibilities. If you fuck it up, they fire you and find someone else to do it even cheaper. It makes more sense to train and pay someone to handle it, but companies only look at right now it seems.

Yeah. It's cheaper to toss it on you, than pay you or someone else to do the extra responsibilities. If you fuck it up, they fire you and find someone else to do it even cheaper. It makes more sense to train and pay someone to handle it, but companies only look at right now it seems.

I'm doing the job of two people right now; neither of which I'm fully trained. There is a lot of gray area here, so I do what I'm asked to the best of my ability, and then I get in trouble for not doing it right. Train me or have me only do the job of one person, cause that's what everyone else does. I am currently doing the intern's job since he left, and mine, and it's just too much. 

Jobs are stupid. Just hire more people. Duh doy. Haha. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic