No liquid on planes. Lighter and smokes, yes. Medicine has to be on top of yr clothes in the checked bag.

Cool, thanks for the info. No liquids means I can't buy a bottle of water past security and take it on the plane?

Yes, that is the exception. Sorry man, on break and scatter brain'd

No problem, thanks for the info. I'm more nervous about all this crap, and the layover than the actual flying part. Same boat, this is the first time my phone has not rang since I got back from my break 2 hours ago.

Cool, thanks for the info. No liquids means I can't buy a bottle of water past security and take it on the plane?

You can buy anything you want once you are through the security checkpoint and board the plane with it. You will have the opportunity to buy soda, water, coffee, magazines, books, beer, chips, sammies and shit after you've cleared security. The only reason I'd bring food through security would be to save money I guess.  

Most places make you remove your shoes to clear security, so wear socks if you don't normally. That is my tip, I forgot once. Ick. 

Too early to make a thread about it, so I'll just leave this here

Panasonic plans to re-introduce the Technics line in 2016

They have not yet solidified designs.  Just prototypes.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-09/02/panasonic-turntable-technics/viewgallery/539798

CN546uOWwAAWIoQ.jpg

Gotta love being woken up at 5am being asked to come into work early. Then being at work for not even 30 mins and asked to stay late. And I have an interview today to transfer stores. At least it's my Friday.

I also came in early and was asked to stay late. Not staying though. They fucked themselves this week and I need an evening off with my girlfriend so they can stay fucked.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-09/02/panasonic-turntable-technics/viewgallery/539798

CN546uOWwAAWIoQ.jpg

Those look gorgeous. Especially that amp.

CN546uOWwAAWIoQ.jpg

Fuck yeah. I might hold out for a new 1200 for a new TT. I know they are DJ tables, but there are so many awesome upgrades for them to be a great audiophile table. I like my direct drives as well.

Edit: It does not look like they'll reintroduce the 1200 :(.

They are so much simpler to use, but they have more parts so more things that can go wrong with them. Also they can potentially cause hum issues with unshieled carts, like Grados. I'd love a 1210 (the black ones) but they are insanely priced these days and probably beat to hell by DJs.

I like my ATPL-120 clone of it, but it's just so cheaply made and the onboard preamp causes sound quailty issues even when bypassed.

I love direct drives. I want a manual and a direct so I can choose whatever I'm feeling. I like options.

I'd like both a belt drive and direct drive as well, but man am I too poor for that. A fully auto table would be nice to add to the mix too, for really lazy days when I don't want to get up to take the needle off the end of the record.

I'd like both a belt drive and direct drive as well, but man am I too poor for that. A fully auto table would be nice to add to the mix too, for really lazy days when I don't want to get up to take the needle off the end of the record.

I would love to upgrade to a 5 and throw a blue OEM on there, then have a Thorens TD160 MKII. The dream. 

I would love to upgrade to a 5 and throw a blue OEM on there, then have a Thorens TD160 MKII. The dream. 

Man, Thorens are some super sexy tables. I'd love one.

2 hours of work until freedom for 6 days!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic