I fully understand that this will probably make me a terrible person, but I want to punch that kid so bad.  So, so bad.

That level of over the top happiness is something I cannot handle.  That being said of course the kid is ridiculously talented, it's crazy how good he is with that piano. 

Oh my goodness, how precious. I wish I could put him in my pocket, just so he could compliment me every day. 

That being said, I'm sure this over-the-top happiness isn't an everyday thing. This kid just completely two of his life's biggest goals, that's pretty incredible for being such a tiny person. 

I mean, if I was on the Ellen show, I'd probably be that excited too.

My glasses just busted. I am so very sad.

It'll take me over a week and at least $100 to get new ones, which means I'll have to live in my contacts. 

My eyes are going to be veryyyyyyyyy grumpy.

it sucks breaking your glasses. my glasses were taped up all through high school.

it sucks breaking your glasses. my glasses were taped up all through high school.

It's seriously the worst. I can tape/glue mine to get me through but I learned early on that investing in new glasses is the way to go. 

Just gotta suck it up. I've been looking for cheap glasses online but I'm really picky and the only company that does the at home try-on is Warby Parker...let's be real, I'm not about to drop $150 on a pair of frames.

Bah, I got rejected for the Belle and Sebastien show at Sundance. I emailed right after they announced it and I still wasn't fast enough. And to add to it, Damon Albarn is playing a set there tomorrow where he's debuting two new songs and it's invite only. It kind of sucks having all these cool shows right in your backyard and not being able to go. It's like being under 21 again.

It's seriously the worst. I can tape/glue mine to get me through but I learned early on that investing in new glasses is the way to go. 

Just gotta suck it up. I've been looking for cheap glasses online but I'm really picky and the only company that does the at home try-on is Warby Parker...let's be real, I'm not about to drop $150 on a pair of frames.

My first pair of glasses broke two years ago and I had to krazy glue them back together. :(  Then they broke again and I had to continue to krazy glue them back together.

Warby Parker looks so nice though and they're $95, I'm thinking about switching my Ray-Bans out for a pair.

I normally go to America's Best and they have like a 2 for $70 deal or something, once you add in lenses that don't suck it generally still comes over $100. But maybe it's time I invest in two pairs so this doesn't keep happening. 

The glasses in that section tend to suck though, I always end up with glasses from the men's section and everyone judges me.

THEN you get one free replacement (which I've already used) and by the time that happens, they discontinue all the men's glasses I like.

Basically, I dread finding glasses.

I normally go to America's Best and they have like a 2 for $70 deal or something, once you add in lenses that don't suck it generally still comes over $100. But maybe it's time I invest in two pairs so this doesn't keep happening.

The glasses in that section tend to suck though, I always end up with glasses from the men's section and everyone judges me.

THEN you get one free replacement (which I've already used) and by the time that happens, they discontinue all the men's glasses I like.

Basically, I dread finding glasses.

Check costal.com. My wife got two pairs from there for free including prescription lens. They run a free glasses promotion there every so often so check back if they aren't doing it now.

Sounds like I might have a tour lined up for this summer, a part of me is bummed that it isn't Warped (this is the second year I'll be missing out on being able to catch my friends play on their dream tour.) 

BUT a summer tour, is a summer tour. After the disaster of last year, I'll take anything.
It's also kinda cool to know that people like me as a person and as a worker and therefore think about me when a position pops up.

However it's still currently a maybe and details haven't been given, I just got a heads up about it. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic