That isn't expensive for an artbook. It is way too much for a "traditional" zine, the DIY kind.

If it is the former trying to pass itself off as the latter you don't want it anyway. 

It's pictures, printed like a magazine

It's £15.00 before shipping and £19.95 after shipping which translates to roughly $32 it's also signed by the artist

Spent the last hour or so trying to edit a PDF for a new job I'm applying to. After said hour or so I got frustrated pick my phone to get my mind back on track.

Then slowly wondered can I edit it on my phone. 5 minutes later I'm done and PDF is sent. I deserve a kick in the testicles for not thinking that in the first place.

got my copy of the graduate - horror show EP today, wooooooo

and the last two lego minifigures i needed to complete my series 11 set, woooooo

and even though the company could still be in a lot of trouble in the near future, i still have my job AND mad OT on the next paycheck, woooooooooo

i hope you all are well!

Two of my really close friends prank called my work yesterday and signed up for yoga this morning. I haven't seen them since November and I am so excited. I haven't hugged anyone in a really long time and I'm kinda stoked.

Also they're bringing me presents. Presents rule.

Oh man.

At the beginning of the year, my boss switched our pay periods.  He pushed them back by a week.  I used to get paid the first and third week of the month, leaving me time to pay rent by the 1st of the following month.  Now I'm getting paid on the second and fourth week of the month, which means I just had to take my entire check and move it to my bill pay account since getting paid on the 31st and having rent due on the 1st doesn't exactly play out too well.  These next two weeks are going to be tough.  Once I get paid on the 31st, I can put partial of my check towards the next month, so that should balance me out.  This month is all messed up though.

I don't think he really thought about those of us who have to pay towards rent when he made this switch.  He only did it because it "makes the end-of-year accounting easier."  Well done.

Also I'm just gonna add in how much it sucks that I live a thousand miles away from my absolute best friends and a bunch of them all flew to Boston to reunite. It hurts that I can't be there :(

I feel you there! :( I only have like 1 friend tho lol & she moved to florida back in October.

Oh snap, Ashton. That's really silly. I'm thankful I get paid every week.

Yeah I wish we got paid weekly.  This is just really crappy because I could've really used that pay check to go towards some of my medical expenses since I still have no answers for my heart thing.  Guess it's time to make a sale thread, haha.

Edit: BUT I just remembered that my raise took effect on Jan 12, which means the increase will show up in my next check, so that's something I have to look forward to!

I feel you there! :( I only have like 1 friend tho lol & she moved to florida back in October.

Yeah I wish we got paid weekly.  This is just really crappy because I could've really used that pay check to go towards some of my medical expenses since I still have no answers for my heart thing.  Guess it's time to make a sale thread, haha.

Edit: BUT I just remembered that my raise took effect on Jan 12, which means the increase will show up in my next check, so that's something I have to look forward to!

I will be in Boston on Sat. I will tell them hello.

Florida steals all the friends!!!!!!! (That's where all my besties are from. I just used the word besties.)

Yay for raises though! My hours are getting cut because it's been slow. But I also have a raise! So yay raises!

And thank you Jhook!

Florida steals all the friends!!!!!!! (That's where all my besties are from. I just used the word besties.)

Yay for raises though! My hours are getting cut because it's been slow. But I also have a raise! So yay raises!

And thank you Jhook!

Oooh yay congrats to you on your raise. :)

I think it's great when employers try to help out employees even if hours need to be cut etc.

At the beginning of the year, my boss switched our pay periods.  He pushed them back by a week.  I used to get paid the first and third week of the month, leaving me time to pay rent by the 1st of the following month.  Now I'm getting paid on the second and fourth week of the month, which means I just had to take my entire check and move it to my bill pay account since getting paid on the 31st and having rent due on the 1st doesn't exactly play out too well.  These next two weeks are going to be tough.  Once I get paid on the 31st, I can put partial of my check towards the next month, so that should balance me out.  This month is all messed up though.

Have you talked to your property manager or landlord about letting you pay on the 3rd or something?  I get paid on the 5th of every month for some reason and my property manager said it wouldn't be a problem if I paid my rent then.  Not sure if they'll make the switch, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Have you talked to your property manager or landlord about letting you pay on the 3rd or something?  I get paid on the 5th of every month for some reason and my property manager said it wouldn't be a problem if I paid my rent then.  Not sure if they'll make the switch, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I haven't thought of that.  For some reason the company that owns my complex are in the dark ages.  They don't allow electronic payments.  I can't afford checks, so I tell my bank to send the check out for me, free of cost.  So if I have all the money in my account by the 27th for example, and I tell my bank to send a check, it takes them like 4 days to actually do it.  So even then, it would still be around the 6th or 7th that the check would make its way to the company.

But I'm definitely going to look into doing that.  Maybe they'll let me pay by like the 7th or something.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic