man. listening to Nothing's B&E from downward years to come on repeat. repeat.

just one of them months.

I do like that version more than the one on guilty of everything. I need to grab their older stuff on vinyl, just have GoE and the Whirr split.

Exactly.

Every 80's Friday the 13th flick was censored in some form. If they released those uncut in today's world they'd get like a light R rating.

Those are specifically the ones I was thinking of actually. A lot of the Ft13th movies have gore shots that are lost forever because the MPAA had it out for the series.

I went to a screening of an X rated print of the original. Aside from the maybe 5 seconds of sex/nudity you could air it unedited on network TV these days.

Some asshole pissed all over the floor under the urinals in the bathroom. I tried my best not to step in it, but must have, because all I can smell is piss right now. Fucking morons.

Those are specifically the ones I was thinking of actually. A lot of the Ft13th movies have gore shots that are lost forever because the MPAA had it out for the series.

I went to a screening of an X rated print of the original. Aside from the maybe 5 seconds of sex/nudity you could air it unedited on network TV these days.

Yeah that will forever bum me out. I actually did a report in high school about the F13 series, and American film censorship in general. I know the descriptions of what was cut, but I'd rather see it :/  Yeah the series became a whipping boy for the MPAA who couldn't get rid of their massive hard-on for slasher flicks. Fast forward to today & I'm amazed what they let slide by in terms of violence. (but god forbid a movie shows something too sexually graphic :rolleyes: )

Ha, thats awesome. I remember being all excited when they released the 1st uncut years.... then it was like, really? this wasn't acceptable at an R level? Still cool to see the full Kevin Bacon death (which was only a couple extra seconds hahaha)

Edit: yes, I'm a movie dork

Some asshole pissed all over the floor under the urinals in the bathroom. I tried my best not to step in it, but must have, because all I can smell is piss right now. Fucking morons.

Working at a restaurant with the bathroom right in front of the counter was no picnic when people would decide to ruin it instead of fucking up their own toilet at home. Never ceased to amaze at how many people shit ON a toilet instead of IN it...inbreds...

The fuck? Is your facilities open to the public?

Nope, you have to use a badge or be taken in by security to even get in the building. Just some asshole employee.

Working at a restaurant with the bathroom right in front of the counter was no picnic when people would decide to ruin it instead of fucking up their own toilet at home. Never ceased to amaze at how many people shit ON a toilet instead of IN it...inbreds...

People are sick, and just don't give a fuck.

I thought that the versions of FT13th you could get from Asia on DVD had all the uncut scenes? I looked at some years back on eBay, but wasn't sure at the time how the hell I could watch them if I did buy them since they are in PAL format and at that point it wasn't easy to come by a player that handled that format

Nope, you have to use a badge or be taken in by security to even get in the building. Just some asshole employee.

People are sick, and just don't give a fuck.

Asshats. And what's worse, is that it always seemed to be older people who would do it. I understand you have issues using the bathroom as you age, but for fuck sake...

I thought that the versions of FT13th you could get from Asia on DVD had all the uncut scenes? I looked at some years back on eBay, but wasn't sure at the time how the hell I could watch them if I did buy them since they are in PAL format and at that point it wasn't easy to come by a player that handled that format

I think their are some German boots out there w/ really shitty footage quality that has the uncut stuff.

I bought the 1st one over a decade ago uncut on ebay that was a vhs boot transferred from PAL to NTSC. The quality wasn't too bad actually, & the cover is in Japanese. Thankfully it was finally given a legit release.

Still have my uncut boot vhs copy of Brain Dead that was never released here. Pretty proud of that :D

I think their are some German boots out there w/ really shitty footage quality that has the uncut stuff.

I bought the 1st one over a decade ago uncut on ebay that was a vhs boot transferred from PAL to NTSC. The quality wasn't too bad actually, & the cover is in Japanese. Thankfully it was finally given a legit release.

Still have my uncut boot vhs copy of Brain Dead that was never released here. Pretty proud of that :D

Cool, thanks for the info. I always wondered if I missed out not picking up those Asian versions. Different covers always seem to lead me to thinking there is more than I've seen already. Funny you have a boot of Brain Dead, I'm looking at my version of Dead Alive right now. Where are you that it wasn't released? 

Cool, thanks for the info. I always wondered if I missed out not picking up those Asian versions. Different covers always seem to lead me to thinking there is more than I've seen already. Funny you have a boot of Brain Dead, I'm looking at my version of Dead Alive right now. Where are you that it wasn't released? 

I'm in the US & have the Unrated Dead Alive dvd (& the uncut Brain Dead vhs), but it was only truly released uncut in Europe. There's 6 or 7 minutes that was never (legitimately) released in the US. It's even gorier if you can believe it. Here's the extra stuff...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/alternateversions

UK version is the complete original version which left British film critics stunned as the censors let it through uncut. Differences between British Braindead (uncut) and the unrated American Dead Alive include:

Braindead opens with a closeup of the New Zealand flag, which then changes to the Queen riding accross a courtyard, finishing with a close up her on horseback. God Save The Queen is playing in the background. The opening sequence in Sumatra that begins Dead Alive follows.

After Lionel agrees to let Les have the money and the house, we see the music for the party get turned on and Void breaking free from his bonds. In Braindead a party guest lets Void out of the basement, and for his trouble gets headbutted.

During the party Void enters the living room and attacks a guest. Lionel intervenes by hitting Void around the head with a Jack Daniels bottle and then pours the contents down Voids throat.

After the Zombies have been let out of the basement, there is a short sequence where a guest with glasses is chased around a room by 2 zombies before he is finally caught and bitten. (In Dead Alive you can see the very end of this sequence just before the camera switches to Paquita stabbing a bag of tomatoes in the airing cupboard.)

After Lionel has bitten through the intestine and falls onto a zomies head, in Dead Alive we move onto Les killing zombie by "rolling" it to death in a clothes press. In Braindead Lionel is confronted by the vicar & nurse zombies who impail each other on a pitch fork and continue to have sex.

In Braindead there is approximately 16 seconds of extra gore in the lawnmower sequence where we see Lionel hack up numerous zombies, see the demise of the vicar and the nurse (whilst still in the middle of making love) and see Lional kicking body parts towards Paquita to be put into the food mixer.

Braindead also contains the following scene missing from both versions of Dead Alive:

Just before Lionel makes his entrance with the lawnmower, Paquita and friend (the one with glasses) are attacked by Voids legs (cut off in the bathroom scene) and a horde of zombies. Paquita and the girl grab a leg each and rip them apart. They then use these limbs to attack any zombie that comes near them.

I'm in the US & have the Unrated Dead Alive dvd, but it was only truly released uncut in Europe. There's 6 or 7 minutes that was never (legitimately) released in the US. It's even gorier if you can believe it. Here's the extra stuff...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/alternateversions

UK version is the complete original version which left British film critics stunned as the censors let it through uncut. Differences between British Braindead (uncut) and the unrated American Dead Alive include:

Braindead opens with a closeup of the New Zealand flag, which then changes to the Queen riding accross a courtyard, finishing with a close up her on horseback. God Save The Queen is playing in the background. The opening sequence in Sumatra that begins Dead Alive follows.

After Lionel agrees to let Les have the money and the house, we see the music for the party get turned on and Void breaking free from his bonds. In Braindead a party guest lets Void out of the basement, and for his trouble gets headbutted.

During the party Void enters the living room and attacks a guest. Lionel intervenes by hitting Void around the head with a Jack Daniels bottle and then pours the contents down Voids throat.

After the Zombies have been let out of the basement, there is a short sequence where a guest with glasses is chased around a room by 2 zombies before he is finally caught and bitten. (In Dead Alive you can see the very end of this sequence just before the camera switches to Paquita stabbing a bag of tomatoes in the airing cupboard.)

After Lionel has bitten through the intestine and falls onto a zomies head, in Dead Alive we move onto Les killing zombie by "rolling" it to death in a clothes press. In Braindead Lionel is confronted by the vicar & nurse zombies who impail each other on a pitch fork and continue to have sex.

In Braindead there is approximately 16 seconds of extra gore in the lawnmower sequence where we see Lionel hack up numerous zombies, see the demise of the vicar and the nurse (whilst still in the middle of making love) and see Lional kicking body parts towards Paquita to be put into the food mixer.

Braindead also contains the following scene missing from both versions of Dead Alive:

Just before Lionel makes his entrance with the lawnmower, Paquita and friend (the one with glasses) are attacked by Voids legs (cut off in the bathroom scene) and a horde of zombies. Paquita and the girl grab a leg each and rip them apart. They then use these limbs to attack any zombie that comes near them.

That's really odd they cut something like that from the American version, considering how gory it already is without those scenes. I know there are a few movies that are butchered for no reason that I can see like Army of Darkness. A friend had seen it in the theater when he lived in Philly, and was constantly telling me about scenes he saw that were not on any of the versions on video or dvd. Finally, he finds one that's in a case that looks like a brown paper bag in over the cover and there they were

someone dropped a deuce here in the urinal once. i went to pee, and there it was, sunning like a turtle.

i gagged.

gagged some more. i fought the barf that day.

i won.

FU barf

Did you use another urinal, or did you have to piss on the shit, causing even more stink to accumulate?

ahhh brain dead, I love thee.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. ;)

In the first Ace Ventura movie, there is an extra scene in the nightclub when Cannibal Corpse is playing where Jim Carey ends up on stage singing with them, but you will only see it if you catch it on regular tv. No video or DVD I have found has the extra scenes in it or as extras, but why??? Makes no sense...

That's really odd they cut something like that from the American version, considering how gory it already is without those scenes. I know there are a few movies that are butchered for no reason that I can see like Army of Darkness. A friend had seen it in the theater when he lived in Philly, and was constantly telling me about scenes he saw that were not on any of the versions on video or dvd. Finally, he finds one that's in a case that looks like a brown paper bag in over the cover and there they were

Yeah there's surprisingly a lot of movies like that. Footage in one version, gone in another, extra footage in TV versions to bulk up the running time, footage in movie trailers never to be seen in the movie or ever again.

I believe the only thing that was considered too much for the US (back then anyway) was the zombie baby's umbilical cord getting caught on the nail. I think the rest was trimmed down by Jackson or the studio to make it potentially more accessible to American audiences (our country really does have the shortest attention span).

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic