Called into the Dodgers' radio station on Monday morning and won tickets for tomorrow's game! Anyone want to go to a baseball game with me at noon tomorrow?

Nice score! I was a call in contest hawk when I was a teenager. Won concert tickets and tickets to the movies constantly. At one point the local radio place wouldn't let me win because I called in so much lol

Nice score! I was a call in contest hawk when I was a teenager. Won concert tickets and tickets to the movies constantly. At one point the local radio place wouldn't let me win because I called in so much lol

That's awesome! This is my first radio win. They do a "play of the day" every morning after games at 7:15ish, so I just try to win whenever I'm driving at that time. Didn't get on the radio (just a guy answering behind the scenes) but I'm still stoked.

I'm in the middle of the first Muppets episode. Pretty good so far.

“When Piggy and I were a couple, I found her unpredictable and spontaneous and quirky, and that was kind of sexy. But, if you take dating out of the equation, she’s just a lunatic.” ...I can kinda relate  :lol: 

Same exact thing here. My girlfriend was telling me that A Serbian Film has beautiful cinematography. I fucking love good cinematography so I'm really torn on watching it.

Foxcatcher had really good cinematography to me when i watched it recently, but it just added so much unnecessary bulk to the timeline of the film

I'm in the middle of the first Muppets episode. Pretty good so far.

“When Piggy and I were a couple, I found her unpredictable and spontaneous and quirky, and that was kind of sexy. But, if you take dating out of the equation, she’s just a lunatic.” ...I can kinda relate  :lol: 

My wife and I were laughing our asses off at that and our 13 year old was like "I don't get this..". All we could say was this is for grown ups...

Same exact thing here. My girlfriend was telling me that A Serbian Film has beautiful cinematography. I fucking love good cinematography so I'm really torn on watching it.

After reading extensively about it, & seeing the images cut from the UK version (over 4 minutes), there's no way I could handle it. I'm sure it's a well made film, but just hearing about the subject matter makes me physically ill, watching it would fuck me up forever..

When my kid started going on about The Hunger Games, the first thing I thought of was "isn't this just a ripoff of Battle Royale???"

Certain elements are the same for sure. But I'm in love with Jennifer Lawrence, so I'll defend HG always.

Foxcatcher had really good cinematography to me when i watched it recently, but it just added so much unnecessary bulk to the timeline of the film

Oh god yes, agreed. The 3 main actors did a great job as well, it was just a film that didn't need to be made. Or one that could have been made @ 1-1/2 hours.

Oh god yes, agreed. The 3 main actors did a great job as well, it was just a film that didn't need to be made. Or one that could have been made @ 1-1/2 hours.

I loved the story itself, and Steve Carell was excellent in the creepy ass way he play John Dupont, but it really was a long wait to lead up to such a minimally climactic point with the murder itself. 

If you like Battle Royale try Mirai Nikki <3

I will do this.

SO. MUCH. TO. WATCH

I loved the story itself, and Steve Carell was excellent in the creepy ass way he play John Dupont, but it really was a long wait to lead up to such a minimally climactic point with the murder itself. 

Hit the nail on the head. Waaaaaaaay too much needless filler.

I'd just like to say thank you to this board and all Caspian fans on it. When I first came here you folks were doing a good bit of chatting about them and having never heard them I decided to check them out. They have quickly become one of my favorite bands, and a member was posting on Sad Reminders not long ago in a thread about instrumental music also, so thanks for the exposure guys and gals :)

Yuuuuuup! Best book!

The book is so much more enjoyable than the movie, which is also good. Too bad some asshole stole my copy in high school, and I've been too cheap to replace it.

The book is so much more enjoyable than the movie, which is also good. Too bad some asshole stole my copy in high school, and I've been too cheap to replace it.

I lent mine to someone who never gave it back...something like 6 years later I ran across a copy at goodwill! Finally replaced it.

Edit: this is why I now never lend books, I only give them away. It's not that I really needed to still own it, but the anticipation of possibly getting it back bothered me for a long time.

I lent mine to someone who never gave it back...something like 6 years later I ran across a copy at goodwill! Finally replaced it.

Edit: this is why I now never lend books, I only give them away. It's not that I really needed to still own it, but the anticipation of possibly getting it back bothered me for a long time.

I never lend anything out anymore, for this reason. No matter how much I trust someone, they always manage to lose it or damage it.

Edit: I wish I could find a cheap copy at goodwill. I remember I had to have borders (do they still exist?) special order a copy for me. It was like $30.

I will do this.

SO. MUCH. TO. WATCH

Hit the nail on the head. Waaaaaaaay too much needless filler.

It's one of the rare instances you could go either dub or sub and still be okay. No major changes in the dialogue or anything. DxD is one of the even rarer instances that I think the dub is better.

I can hear Domscreaming like a fangirl all the way across the United States.

81303-supernatural-dean-fangirling-g-DGX

;)

It's one of the rare instances you could go either dub or sub and still be okay. No major changes in the dialogue or anything. DxD is one of the even rarer instances that I think the dub is better.

Interesting. I always go for subtitles. Dubbing in general makes me cringe hard. If it's not in its original language, I don't really have an interest. Doesn't help that I watch stuff with subtitles on anyway.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic