I got into him in the 90's, so Red House Painters is where I began. I'd recommend Rollercoaster to get a good feel of their stuff. Ghost of the Great Highway or April is the best place to start with Sun Kil Moon which is his current thing, but his newest output is nothing like his older stuff. He took a sharp turn in recent years and it's way different than anything he's done in the past. He is doing a split with Jesu that comes out in January so that should be interesting. Not sure if anyone is into Godflesh, but he joined them on stage a few nights ago for an encore song you can find on youtube. He is a dick, totally, but it's just him, and if you can separate his personality from his talent you'll be ok 

I got into him in the 90's, so Red House Painters is where I began. I'd recommend Rollercoaster to get a good feel of their stuff. Ghost of the Great Highway or April is the best place to start with Sun Kil Moon which is his current thing, but his newest output is nothing like his older stuff. He took a sharp turn in recent years and it's way different than anything he's done in the past. He is doing a split with Jesu that comes out in January so that should be interesting. Not sure if anyone is into Godflesh, but he joined them on stage a few nights ago for an encore song you can find on youtube. He is a dick, totally, but it's just him, and if you can separate his personality from his talent you'll be ok 

This is pretty interesting stuff. Not too sure what I think of it yet.

This is pretty interesting stuff. Not too sure what I think of it yet.

He seems to be in that category of love or hate but not many middle of the road type fans. You either love his music and forgive his personality or you think he's a douche who plays sad bastard music (like my wife and kids lol)

I bet. They are a huge football town, hell there was a movie about the team for some reason.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270971/

Rated R for language and a scene of teen drinking

:rolleyes:

RHP is pretty good. I just couldn't listen to it often or I'd become permanently depressed.

Thomas, I know you're an Evan Weiss fan. Did you see the picture he just posted on the IIOI Instagram? New Proper variant. And it looks fucking sickkkk.

I just walked in from my break, and saw it when I was out there. It looks amazing, might have to order it even though I like my forest green press alot. The new variant goes so well with the art work.

The Booster Club gives out toy footballs to all newborn boys....

Haha, one of my friends lived there and I used to joke with him about that. He actually got one when he was born. So fucking weird.

Next time I see Mark live I will try my best to ask him if he has one lolololol

Haha, I'm sure he'd love that. Maybe that is his problem, he just wanted to be a Massillon football star and moved out before he got the chance.

Haha, I'm sure he'd love that. Maybe that is his problem, he just wanted to be a Massillon football star and moved out before he got the chance.

Maybe so. He seems like a real clod who just happens to have this amazing talent at the same time somehow. My wife laughs because I love him, but talk shit about him at the same time. I like Dave Matthews, but I also love to talk shit and laugh at his drunken stage behavior and slurred words and fucked up playing. It's just entertaining to me

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic