I am unfamiliar with such an offer. Do tell

I think I maaaaaaaaay have heard a song of theirs in the past.

My reaction was more "bleh".

Hayley Williams is pretty easy on the eyes, so they get some bonus points for that. Jokes aside though, I've heard it and thought it was the most alright okay thing I'd heard ever. Not great, not offensively bad, just meh.

Hayley Williams is pretty easy on the eyes, so they get some bonus points for that. Jokes aside though, I've heard it and thought it was the most alright okay thing I'd heard ever. Not great, not offensively bad, just meh.

Oh she's def a cutie. Unfortunately that's not enough for me to like a band.

Speaking of lady fronted bands... I never understood how some people say they don't like female singers. I mean.... do they not like the sound of women talking either?

PMing you the digitz

Oh she's def a cutie. Unfortunately that's not enough for me to like a band.

Speaking of lady fronted bands... I never understood how some people say they don't like female singers. I mean.... do they not like the sound of women talking either?

PMing you the digitz

Not the only reason, but that never hurts. Not terrible music, I just don't have any clue why it's so much on the secondary market. I don't inherently dislike female fronted bands, but it's pretty hit and miss. 

my coworker just told me that one of our temp guys asked her if i had a boyfriend yesterday. she had my back, of course, which was nice. i just told my bf about it and he said, "alright who do i need to beat up??" followed quickly by, "but good for you babe!"

that is how i know i picked the right guy haha <3

Winner for sure.

Also Eli, I'll also extend an offer to you like I did for Brian

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/for/5254057421.html- Someone is selling this local, needs a new cart, but I can pick it up and ship it to you if you want.

my coworker just told me that one of our temp guys asked her if i had a boyfriend yesterday. she had my back, of course, which was nice. i just told my bf about it and he said, "alright who do i need to beat up??" followed quickly by, "but good for you babe!"

that is how i know i picked the right guy haha <3

If a guy acts passively about this kind of thing you certainly know he's not the one. Sounds like you picked the one who wants to fight to keep you for sure 

Not the only reason, but that never hurts. Not terrible music, I just don't have any clue why it's so much on the secondary market. I don't inherently dislike female fronted bands, but it's pretty hit and miss. 

Oh for sure. Just like guy bands are hit & miss too. But to discount entire groups because a woman is singing baffles me.

Winner for sure.

Also Eli, I'll also extend an offer to you like I did for Brian

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/for/5254057421.html- Someone is selling this local, needs a new cart, but I can pick it up and ship it to you if you want.

Appreciate the offer. Let me think about it. I'm literally starting from scratch. Gotta figure out a receiver & speakers first. And where to set shit up.

Oh for sure. Just like guy bands are hit & miss too. But to discount entire groups because a woman is singing baffles me.

Appreciate the offer. Let me think about it. I'm literally starting from scratch. Gotta figure out a receiver & speakers first. And where to set shit up

I don't dislike them just for that, but I frequently don't like the vocals. Think Hayley is fine though

In my opinion, it is very contextual. I like female singers in folk and americana  and limited pop type stuff, less so in rock and metal. This isn't a hard rule as there are some exceptions but the juxtaposition between the voice and the sound is usually not a positive for me. I don't really like any pop-punk or emo so I'm not in a position to comment on Paramore one way or another. 

They are pressing the Walk Hard soundtrack, but it's SRC. MY BRAIN IS ALL CONFLICTED.

I have ordered from them once, and wasn't impressed with their lack of communication so I haven't ordered from them again based on that even though I get their emails with stuff I would like to pick up constantly. Has everyone had trouble with SRC?

I don't dislike them just for that, but I frequently don't like the vocals. Think Hayley is fine though

Fair enough.

In my opinion, it is very contextual. I like female singers in folk and americana  and limited pop type stuff, less so in rock and metal. This isn't a hard rule as there are some exceptions but the juxtaposition between the voice and the sound is usually not a positive for me. I don't really like any pop-punk or emo so I'm not in a position to comment on Paramore one way or another. 

Interesting. I grew up listening to stuff like Hole, L7, Patti Smith, SRC, HWP, etc... Never really thought about the fact that they were female lead. Just worked for me. To each his own of course.

I have ordered from them once, and wasn't impressed with their lack of communication so I haven't ordered from them again based on that even though I get their emails with stuff I would like to pick up constantly. Has everyone had trouble with SRC?

Ordered from them once. It's less that I have a problem with them personally, and more that I can usually get everything from someplace else for cheaper.  I keep thinking I'll pick up those Piebald releases at some point for $5 each, but...there's just a bunch of other stuff I'd much rather have, so I keep putting it off.

Had issues with ordering in-stock stuff (shitty communication, item description changed after I ordered, slow as fuck refund, too many people named Danny)

Pre-ordered Goldfinger: Hang-Ups & it came on time in great condition without incident.

I'd be more likely to PO from them vs. ordering shit they supposedly have.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic