Plz. I'm sure it's easy, I just... Don't even fully know what it is tbh

It's really just the style of the "sauce" I guess. Etouffee is french for smothering. It's a good example of one of the mother sauces which is espagnole. Its kind of like gumbo but with a less dark roux. And you smother down peppers and tomatoes into it. Sorry, I can explain food for days.

It's really just the style of the "sauce" I guess. Etouffee is french for smothering. It's a good example of one of the mother sauces which is espagnole. Its kind of like gumbo but with a less dark roux. And you smother down peppers and tomatoes into it. Sorry, I can explain food for days.

Hmm... Dat Dog's has peppers and onions, but idk about tomatoes. I just haven't made any sauce before really. I can make a mean spinach-artichoke dip, though.

Hmm... Dat Dog's has peppers and onions, but idk about tomatoes. I just haven't made any sauce before really. I can make a mean spinach-artichoke dip, though.

A good spin dip is always tasty. Do yourself a favor and go eat over at Cochon Butcher. I used to work there and do all the charcuterie stuffs. Killer food. 

A good spin dip is always tasty. Do yourself a favor and go eat over at Cochon Butcher. I used to work there and do all the charcuterie stuffs. Killer food.

Will keep that in mind! I used to work at the Reginelli's by W Esplanade. They have some killer pizza there. I used to make this pizza for my shift meals: garlic-butter for the sauce, spread some spin-dip across the pie, onion, mozz, fontina, and bacon (sorry, "pancetta"). It was stupid good.

edit: OH! And feta cheese, of course. You can't have spin-dip without feta. You had to make sure to be light on each of the cheeses, though. I also threw some minced garlic on there sometimes, but the garlic-butter at the bottom normally took care of that.

Will keep that in mind! I used to work at the Reginelli's by W Esplanade. They have some killer pizza there. I used to make this pizza for my shift meals: garlic-butter for the sauce, spread some spin-dip across the pie, onion, mozz, fontina, and bacon (sorry, "pancetta"). It was stupid good.

edit: OH! And feta cheese, of course. You can't have spin-dip without feta. You had to make sure to be light on each of the cheeses, though. I also threw some minced garlic on there sometimes, but the garlic-butter at the bottom normally took care of that.

Hot damn. I'd eat some of that right now.

Doing well! On my little stretch of 5am shifts currently. Being a sleepy dude.

i start early too and it is so hard to not nap when i get home.  The problem is that I have so much stuff to do and these 5 hour naps are not helping.  I get home and tell myself I won't sleep but as soon as I eat  then it's zzzZZZzzzzz

i start early too and it is so hard to not nap when i get home.  The problem is that I have so much stuff to do and these 5 hour naps are not helping.  I get home and tell myself I won't sleep but as soon as I eat  then it's zzzZZZzzzzz

Ah yeah, I'v been going to the gym when I get off work and just doing my best to stay awake until like...right now...when I should be trying to go to sleep.  :P

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic