I haven't listened to Disintegration in its entirety, but imo... Really well-done post-black metal or DSBM accomplishes the whole hope + despair thing the best I've ever heard. Lantlôs - .neon is my example there.

There's no sense in denying the thrush of your statement. neon is an excellent example. While many bands such as Lantlos do an awesome job at presenting both emotions in a single 7+ minute track, Disintegration stands tall in my book for putting heartwarming and breathtaking songs as 'Pictures of You' next to soulcrushing and unsettling epics such as the title track while still maintaining that coherent atmosphere of being in love this second and forever losing it in the next.

There's no sense in denying the thrush of your statement. neon is an excellent example. While many bands such as Lantlos do an awesome job at presenting both emotions in a single 7+ minute track, Disintegration stands tall in my book for putting heartwarming and breathtaking songs as 'Pictures of You' next to soulcrushing and unsettling epics such as the title track while still maintaining that coherent atmosphere of being in love this second and forever losing it in the next.

couldn't have said it better. Also, to tie in the metal thing, Rosetta covers "Homesick" from Disintegration. Now that's a combo.

That Father John Misty album is not bad. Just reminds me of any of those folky rock albums though. 

In a rare instance (see: the last few days of my posts) I gravitated towards this album for the lyrics. Got it for $6.72 shipped in one of those pricing error things, but it's one of my favorites this year.

Thank you

And again, thank you :)

I'm finally listening to Father John.

It's got this warm yet awful quality to me... Something so Partridge Family in the sound of the music, but those lyrics bring you right back to dirty reality...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic