There are three things you should never go cheap on: coffee, beer, and weed

I don't like to, but with a teen who drinks it, a wife that does also, and me drinking it all day and night, I have to limit how many "really great" pots I get to have a week... we have to have at least some common off the shelf stuff to just burn through

@ GreatGreenOne - 

I know (as you do) Mayer plays a different style than Trey, but hot damn did he seem happy as hell last night.  Dude belongs up there.  They love having him.  

Not as good as Chicago, but I was impressed.  Solid show.  At times, Oteil, Mayer, and Chimenti were on their own.  Great to watch.

Drums/Space, always.  

St. Stephen was nice though

@ GreatGreenOne - 

I know (as you do) Mayer plays a different style than Trey, but hot damn did he seem happy as hell last night.  Dude belongs up there.  They love having him.  

Not as good as Chicago, but I was impressed.  Solid show.  At times, Oteil, Mayer, and Chimenti were on their own.  Great to watch.

Drums/Space, always.  

St. Stephen was nice though

It was a real treat. I'm not a Mayer fan, but dude has no bad words from me playing wise for sure. It was nice seeing Chimenti and Oteil do their thing. I was at a Panic show in Macon once and Oteil just pops out from behind Sonny and he and Schools did double bass duties during drums. It was a solid sounding show all the way through for sure!

Bad cups of coffee are total let downs.

This may explain my extra sour disposition this morning, or I really am a grumpy bastard no matter the coffee or not...

It was a real treat. I'm not a Mayer fan, but dude has no bad words from me playing wise for sure. It was nice seeing Chimenti and Oteil do their thing. I was at a Panic show in Macon once and Oteil just pops out from behind Sonny and he and Schools did double bass duties during drums. It was a solid sounding show all the way through for sure!

that's the stuff dreams are made of..........

I wouldn't be able to look away.  Fucking Rock Star, that Schools.  Cracks me up when he just stands in front of a fan, jammin'.  Hair blowin'.  Cracks Me Up

It's never too late to weigh in on a conversation you missed. Especially when it's this slow.

Yeah you're right, it's just not like I'm having any real contribution that's important or interesting enough to be added in hindsight. It would've been fun though to just throw in some must-see stuff and yell at some people ya know?

I don't like to, but with a teen who drinks it, a wife that does also, and me drinking it all day and night, I have to limit how many "really great" pots I get to have a week... we have to have at least some common off the shelf stuff to just burn through

Brew a lot of the cheap stuff and then secretly French press yourself a batch of the good stuff. Share with your wife or don't. I'm not here to judge.

My dad asked me this morning if I wanted to see Spectre, and that whole conversation shot back into my head.

haha! I hope your answer was: Sorry dad i gotta go listen to Disintegration all day cause some old frustrated dudes on the internet say I gotta love it in order to be accepted and cool.

Also: go listen to Disintegration again.

that's the stuff dreams are made of..........

I wouldn't be able to look away.  Fucking Rock Star, that Schools.  Cracks me up when he just stands in front of a fan, jammin'.  Hair blowin'.  Cracks Me Up

It was the best show I can "remember" minute for minute lol. They busted out a shit ton of awesome tunes that night since they were that close to home. Got my first Low Spark there, Down on the Farm, Dirty Business...just a dream set start to finish

Brew a lot of the cheap stuff and then secretly French press yourself a batch of the good stuff. Share with your wife or don't. I'm not here to judge.

What should I expect to spend on a decent french press? A girl I worked with brought one with her every day and her stuff was always so bad ass, but there are so many damn choices and of course most expensive is never always the best. Where should I look or go online for something that's not crappy, but not gonna need a small loan to purchase?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic