After talking to some friends, I'm leaning towards moving to San Diego. Seems like it fits my criteria, I would have a few friends and a family friend owns lots of housing/apartments so I might be able to get a good deal on rent. I have to do more networking and what not, but it's starting to at least look possible

After talking to some friends, I'm leaning towards moving to San Diego. Seems like it fits my criteria, I would have a few friends and a family friend owns lots of housing/apartments so I might be able to get a good deal on rent. I have to do more networking and what not, but it's starting to at least look possible

San Diego is really nice but expensive. If you can pull it off, you will probably love it.

MOV releases are hit or miss. I don't take the gamble with them since they're imports and usually $30+. For example X's Los Angeles costs over $30 and sounds like a garbage. There's a 180gremastered band certified reissue for under $20.

Weird, the few albums I've had of theirs sound good. I agree that is way too high of a price to take a gamble with.

I do remember San Diego being in a lists of the top 5 or 10 Drunkest cities in the US....

supposed to be the best version, but think my local was selling for like $50 :( it's probably cheaper elsewhere

It goes for $80+ on discogs. I'd probably grab it for $50.

Just grabbed the Kevin Devine/Owen split. Not a fan of Kevin, but love me some Owen.

Not a fan of BN much either. Grabbed that demo cassette though. Should be good trade/flip material later on :P. No shame!

I'm fucking hungry, still have over an hour until lunch :(.

Not a fan of BN much either. Grabbed that demo cassette though. Should be good trade/flip material later on :P. No shame!

I'm fucking hungry, still have over an hour until lunch :(.

As you shouldn't the cassette revival is stupid and I approve of taking advantage of those who participate

As you shouldn't the cassette revival is stupid and I approve of taking advantage of those who participate

Haha, I doubt I'd be able to flip it for much, but even doubling the price would be nice. I kinda like the demos, so the digital download will be cool too (if they are lossless).

I swear it's no wonder I have a step son who drags in a new injury everyday from skateboarding when my wife can manage to flip an office chair and nearly break her arm against the desk behind her... been an interesting morning to say the least, and funny to see the lady in the ER registration look at me funny before saying "You look familiar...."

3 Xrays and a shot in the ass later, she's home for the day with bad bruises and plenty of the "feeling so stupids"

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic