Where are you seeing this? 1996 was the only year we went democrat and that was Clinton. Where am I reading wrong? I am so confused.

http://www.britannica.com/event/United-States-presidential-election-of-1996

Look at what you posted, it copied wrong haha - it says you voted democrat in 2000

Are there many legal mexicans? or is mostly illegals and people who are sick of them coming over haha

There's a fair number of legal mexicans here, but a substantial number are illegal. There was a South Park that pretty thoroughly covered the mindset and issue but I don't remember which one. While I do understand why they come and feel bad, I do also understand people being frustrated with how it is screwing with the hospital and school systems and the like.

You can't really raise the percentage because on paper it's already really high, but they could cut some of the stupid tax breaks and fix loopholes. At the same time though, you can't raise it too much or shit will go bad. I also think that we really can't afford to cut the military with how unstable the world is. Regardless of how much of it goes unused, it keeps us relevant in the global military dick measuring contest. If we are seen as weak, I guarantee someone will try some shit. It's shitty, but with the mess that is geopolitics I really think military is not the place to cut funding

I think it would help, I just don't know that it would create enough extra income to do everything he wants.

The system is completely and totally rigged, I can 100% agree with you there.

You know there's an income tax cap, right? Someone making a billion dollars pays the same percentage as someone making (I think) around $100,000

If you think that's fair you're delusional.

You know there's an income tax cap, right? Someone making a billion dollars pays the same percentage as someone making (I think) around $100,000

If you think that's fair you're delusional.

Looks like it's a hell of a lot higher than 100k. If all the hokey tax breaks were cut and people were actually paying at or near this, you couldn't really reasonably expect to raise it that much (or enough to support a fuckton of new government programs). Or at least that's my understanding from what I have read/heard. Most of the fucky tax issues are due to loopholes and breaks, not the rate itself, at least from what I can gather.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/tax-brackets.aspxis how I referenced rates. Dunno if it's 100% accurate

I still wouldn't exactly call it fair though. How high do you propose we raise the tax rates on "the 1%"? If we cut all the hokey breaks how much past 40% could we push it? I am not inherently against it, I just honestly don't know how far it could be pushed before the shit hits the fan.

If I sound set in my ideas or something I am not, I am always open to hearing and considering other ideas. Just explaining my current understanding of the situation based on my current knowledge and experiences. I would hope we all have similar goals in mind here.

I say tax the 1% like 75% or higher. Made $100mil? Well, $25mil is still more than anyone needs to live. Close the loop holes and that would incentivise million/billionaires to invest more of their income back into their businesses. Maybe even in the form of laying employees a fucking living wage.

The reason our economy is so fucked is because of that 1% essentially hoarding money.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic