I'm trying to quit drinking pop, so I bought a filter water bottle and the damn filter does not stay in place so I'm just drinking nasty tap water. Oh well, no pop yesterday or today, so we'll see how it goes. Saves $3 today at work by not buying a drinking in the morning and at lunch.

I replaced it with iced tea. Mmmmmmmmm.

I replaced it with iced tea. Mmmmmmmmm.

I did drink a ton of Tea yesterday, since it was cold and rainy out. Maybe I should make a huge batch of iced tea, and bring it in. Tea is so fucking good.

My friend has never seen it. I'm making her watch it. Luckily I have it all. Going to make her kid watch it, too. Kids these days miss out on the awesomeness that was 90s Nick.

Haha, that's awesome. Yeah, 90's Nick was the best, now's it's just cartoons made for people high out of their minds since kids find it funny too. I should revisit it, it's been forever since I've seen Pete and Pete.

Haha, that's awesome. Yeah, 90's Nick was the best, now's it's just cartoons made for people high out of their minds since kids find it funny too. I should revisit it, it's been forever since I've seen Pete and Pete.

It's always good. Always. Those episodes are classic. So glad I have the songs on vinyl, too.

As someone who grew up watching Nickelodeon every year of the 90s, there's no way most of that shit wasn't also for people stoned out of their minds.

Season 3 of Pete and Pete was supposed to come out on DVD over a decade ago, it had a release date and everything. I was stoked because I already had the seasons 1&2 set. Maybe a month before street date any mention of it vanished. It's been confirmed that the DVDs were produced, so they're either sitting in a wharehouse somewhere or they've been destroyed. There's never been any word on way the release was pulled.

As someone who grew up watching Nickelodeon every year of the 90s, there's no way most of that shit wasn't also for people stoned out of their minds.

Haha, it wouldn't surprise me. I have not watched any of the 90's stuff since the 90's. I'm sure if I did now, it'd all come to light.

Season 3 of Pete and Pete was supposed to come out on DVD over a decade ago, it had a release date and everything. I was stoked because I already had the seasons 1&2 set. Maybe a month before street date any mention of it vanished. It's been confirmed that the DVDs were produced, so they're either sitting in a wharehouse somewhere or they've been destroyed. There's never been any word on way the release was pulled.

I know there are TV rips floating around of the complete show, but can't comment on the quality. I do remember hearing that about S3 though. Weird they would just shelf them after they were made.

I knew the reason at one point. They answered it in a podcast I believe. I'll have to track it down.

I knew the reason at one point. They answered it in a podcast I believe. I'll have to track it down.

Oh shit, I need to know this.

Everyone, revisit any episode of Rocko's Modern Life (is war). That show was filthy as fuck. He worked as a sex phone operator, his married neighbor tried to fuck him, and there was a restaurant named "Chokey Chicken" for two seasons before someone at Nick got the joke and made them change it to "Chewy"

Wiki says it happened during the Dreamworks/Paramount merger. Said the release just sorta disappeared from the vendor list. It does say they said they were done, and producers saw the DVDs. If they exist, esp in 2006, I'm surprised they weren't leaked and ripped.

I have em. They're not great.

I bet. I'm sure they were record for 10th+ generation VHS tapes.

I remember someone involved in the show saying they were just sitting in a warehouse somewhere, forgotten and lonely.

From wiki, so take it for what it is:

According to co-creators Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi the season three DVDs were actually pressed and are sitting in a warehouse.In a LA Times article they discussed the situation. McRobb said, " The same thing goes on with the mythical third season on DVD. They put out the first two and everyone's thrilled, and the third one doesn't come out, and no one has ever told us why. And they made it, it's in the warehouse.".Viscardi added, " It's packaged, it's recorded, we did commentary tracks with a bunch of the cast, there's all these special extras on it. They pressed them, we saw it. Nothing."

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic