Oh shit, I need to know this.

Everyone, revisit any episode of Rocko's Modern Life (is war). That show was filthy as fuck. He worked as a sex phone operator, his married neighbor tried to fuck him, and there was a restaurant named "Chokey Chicken" for two seasons before someone at Nick got the joke and made them change it to "Chewy"

image.jpg

Care to take a crack at what their favorite game on the show was?

How did that shit get greenlit for kids?

Cause it really wasn't for kids, for the most part. Plus, I mean, it was made by adults, so there humor will creep in.

Ren & Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life were two of the worst (as in best). Those shows had so much innuendo it was insane. They got away with a lot. Doug, Hey Arnold!, Ah! Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, and even Rugrats got a bit saucy. All of these are so much better when you're grown up and get adult / dirty humor.

I was always a sucker for the following:

// Pete & Pete

// Salute Your Shorts

// KaBlam!

// Rocket Power (The music was awful.)

Anyone remember Sk8 TV hosted by Matthew Lillard?

Cause it really wasn't for kids, for the most part. Plus, I mean, it was made by adults, so there humor will creep in.

Ren & Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life were two of the worst (as in best). Those shows had so much innuendo it was insane. They got away with a lot. Doug, Hey Arnold!, Ah! Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, and even Rugrats got a bit saucy. All of these are so much better when you're grown up and get adult / dirty humor.

I was always a sucker for the following:

// Pete & Pete

// Salute Your Shorts

// KaBlam!

Anyone remember Sk8 TV hosted by Matthew Lillard?

I used to watch Ren and Stimpy sometimes when I was up late as an 8-10ish year old

I was not allowed to watch the Simpsons, but every other show was fine for some reason. I watched it anyway, and my parents stopped caring shortly there after.

Hello all. hope everyones day so far has been lovely.

also, can anyone tell me why (other than because its awesome) the dvd version of "Little Monsters" is so expensive?! I wanna buy it for my girls since it was one of my favorites growing up but man, its costly.

Is that the one with Howie Mandel? Pretty sure it's on Netflix.

We JUST deleted it from our computer too :(

I was not allowed to watch the Simpsons, but every other show was fine for some reason. I watched it anyway, and my parents stopped caring shortly there after.

I watched the series premiere and then was forbidden from watching it until I was like 10. I used to watch that shit every single day. They always showed 2 episodes before the 6 o'clock news.

I also watched Fox every Sunday and would hope my mom would forget to come make me turn it off before the x files.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic