Next time I bump into him I'll get a price quote. I've seen him scream at enough Euro Tourists that I've never engaged him but I will for you. His cat is a nice black and white tabby. 

Awesome, thanks!

I hate cats, though...but black/white cats would probably enhance the arty aspect of the pic!

BTW, do you think he yelled at them because they were from Europe? If so, you should tell him AFTERWARDS that the pic is for someone from Germany and record his reaction!

I thought that was going to be the case for me too. I looked into it a bit further and found that I actually am exempt from the fine because I fit in the gap where I don't make enough and make too much at the same time.

Oh! That's good news!  (Well, about as good of news that can happen in this situation at least)

Oh! That's good news! (Well, about as good of news that can happen in this situation at least)

Yeah, honestly. I'd like to get coverage but I can't afford $180-250ish/month and still live and breathe. I'll just buy a lot of butchered steaks and bags of frozen peas until I have a big boy job, I guess. I definitely haven't looked into subsidies/assistance enough though.

I know it's new and all, but I just can't wrap my head around why so many other countries can make this work with such little effort.  We really have this whole thing messed up.  & people keep making things up about it so other less informed people turn against it and try to stop it from evolving into something really helpful.

I know it's new and all, but I just can't wrap my head around why so many other countries can make this work with such little effort. We really have this whole thing messed up. & people keep making things up about it so other less informed people turn against it and try to stop it from evolving into something really helpful.

All we need to do is use the ACA instead of Obamacare and we'd be fine!?!?!?!

I'll look into all of that, thank you everyone :)

It's just very stressful. I believe Medicaid is what rejected us in the end because my mom "makes too much money." Which isn't true at all. I'll research more when I get home. We were just very stressed out yesterday because we hate not being insured and we were really hoping this would help us, not hurt us.

Awesome, thanks!

I hate cats, though...but black/white cats would probably enhance the arty aspect of the pic!

BTW, do you think he yelled at them because they were from Europe? If so, you should tell him AFTERWARDS that the pic is for someone from Germany and record his reaction!

No, there is an influx of people in  NYC who walk around in costumes and the like and they do it for tips. Technically they can't force you to pay but if you don't they get pretty pissed off. Costumed guys are a breed unto themselves. A guy with a cat on his head? Likely a little imbalanced to start with. 

I know it's new and all, but I just can't wrap my head around why so many other countries can make this work with such little effort. We really have this whole thing messed up. & people keep making things up about it so other less informed people turn against it and try to stop it from evolving into something really helpful.

Our "health care" industry is 18% of the US GDP. The health care companies are not about to give that up without a fight

I know it's new and all, but I just can't wrap my head around why so many other countries can make this work with such little effort.  We really have this whole thing messed up.  & people keep making things up about it so other less informed people turn against it and try to stop it from evolving into something really helpful.

don't really want to make this political, but if we're being honest: fox news, republican pundits, and the tea party spreading all sorts of misinformation to scare the uninformed or people unwilling to do something suggested by a non-republican.

The other countries didn't fight it, us Americans hate free/cheaper stuff that benefits society.

Americans get tricked into believing it's bad for them. Things like death panels seem frightening to them. The US spends more on health care than the next 5 countries combined and we have the 52nd best outcomes in the world

All we need to do is use the ACA instead of Obamacare and we'd be fine!?!?!?!

YES.  I like the way you think.  Which late night host did that segment where they asked randoms if they were for/against ACA and Obamacare?

The other countries didn't fight it, us Americans hate free/cheaper stuff that benefits society.

Exactly.

don't really want to make this political, but if we're being honest: fox news, republican pundits, and the tea party spreading all sorts of misinformation to scare the uninformed or people unwilling to do something suggested by a non-republican.

Oh this is absolutely true.  Watch any Daily Show segment pertaining to health care and it's all laid out plain as day.  It's awful.

I just read this: http://www.resistthetyranny.com/a-thank-you-letter-to-obama-from-a-single-texas-mom-goes-viral/

The comments tho...

No, there is an influx of people in  NYC who walk around in costumes and the like and they do it for tips. Technically they can't force you to pay but if you don't they get pretty pissed off. Costumed guys are a breed unto themselves. A guy with a cat on his head? Likely a little imbalanced to start with. 

Well, heard stories about waiters/waitresses doing the same... ;)

Where in NYC is that guy located? I'll be there again in April, would be a nice souvenir :D

just listening to one of my co-workers opine that the US knows where the plane is and it's not where they say it is and it actually flew to Pakistan and why would someone just crash a plane in the ocean and terrorists! conspiracies! OBAMA IS THE ANTICHRIST!!!!

this man is also extremely anti-ACA. and makes a six figure salary.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic