The shittiest thing I have ever seen a label do.....

I still would love to get a copy of YFW first pressing but not for collectors sake. I honestly think the repressing without the bonus track was just dumb especially since they labeled it as a deluxe anniversary package and the downloaded tracks were sorta meh (like the cover). I honestly held off on the repress for quite some time but recently got it from someone on the boards. 

In regards to what iodine is doing honestly if someone is stupid enough to pay $400 for this than I guess so be it. It is far from ethical and does not do anything for their reputation but the people buying it are hardly victims. 

or maybe he just continues pressing them? with all the money hes raised selling copies he "found", he could have easily done more pressings. 

i almost wanna make a petition asking people if they own a white copy of YFW, first press, to see if it goes over 100. Cause it sure as hell feels like there are more than 100 (just based on how many theyve sold on ebay alone in the last few years)

Well I have a white one which I bought from them on ebay a while back. was sealed and didn't think it would be white, was stoked. paid $100ppd

I do actually listen to this album. No I haven't listened to every variant, (the ones I am now going to sell) but I do throw it on the old turntable. It isn't fun for me anymore. I didn't start this out to flip or to later on make tons of money from. It used to be realistic to think I could obtain all of the variants for this band. I have different goals than I did back then, and they don't involve spending every extra penny I make buying expensive variants of every record for a band or label.

It's bs that you even have to explain yourself and why you decided to collects variants. Also think its bad ass what you're doing and I wish I woulda seen it in time. You're going to make someone's year at the cost of bidding war on something that's many's holy grail and woulda made you some serious $.

It's bs that you even have to explain yourself and why you decided to collects variants. Also think its bad ass what you're doing and I wish I woulda seen it in time. You're going to make someone's year at the cost of bidding war on something that's many's holy grail and woulda made you some serious $.

No one would give a shit if people wanted to collect rocks and pay $500 for them, because there are plenty of rocks to go around for everyone. You don't understand how hoarding multiple copies of a record and pushing the prices up on them gets in the way of fans who just want to own a record?

I fully understand what you mean bc I really would love one at a decent price. its one of my sought after records like many. But I'm not about to go hate on a guy that refuses to flip a 100$ record and sell it for less than half of that, bc he was a fan of this record, loved it enough to collect the many Awesome different colors/jackets available. And later said to himself "ok this means less to me now, I'm not going to hoard em or exploit their value, instead I'm going to let real fans get a great shot at getting them at a steal". He'd be a dick if they were all 150$ BIN on eBay.

In case anyone is wondering what road records will take if they continue to mirror what happened to baseball cards.

-Production will increase, but variants will continue to get shorter. (i.e. one album with dozens of variants in limited run. Black /500, Red /400, Blue /300, Clear /150, Green /100, Purple /75 Gold /10, Test Presses /1

-Variants will be inserted randomly. Collectors will have to buy multiple copies and trade or wait til someone pulls the one they want and buy it off the bay

-Serial numbering will be more common but it will have to be somewhere inside the packaging. Serial numbering will no longer be done in sharpie but printed.

-Autographs and random crap will be inserted into the packaging. This may include "redemption cards" for music memorabelia. (Send in this card to receive a guitar or something signed by the band!)

Eventually everything special will be overdone to the point that things that were once worth a lot (like a record limited to 100) will be so common that they essentially lose value. At one time having a Ken Griffey Jr. card serial numbered to 100 was worth $500.

Once the market is saturated and companies run out of ideas for doing something special fans will lose interest. Record interest will dip as companies struggle to keep people's attention. It won't go back to the things they once were. In fact companies will keep prices high to hang onto the market that is hooked on it. Every now and then some over-the-top promotion will keep people interested. Like an expensive piece of music history or redemption cards for a concert only for people who find redemption cards, etc.

Fuck they'll probably buy a guitar owned by Kurt Cobain and give it away via a boxset where they're guaranteed to make a profit with people looking for it.

In case anyone is wondering what road records will take if they continue to mirror what happened to baseball cards.

-Production will increase, but variants will continue to get shorter. (i.e. one album with dozens of variants in limited run. Black /500, Red /400, Blue /300, Clear /150, Green /100, Purple /75 Gold /10, Test Presses /1

-Variants will be inserted randomly. Collectors will have to buy multiple copies and trade or wait til someone pulls the one they want and buy it off the bay

-Serial numbering will be more common but it will have to be somewhere inside the packaging. Serial numbering will no longer be done in sharpie but printed.

-Autographs and random crap will be inserted into the packaging. This may include "redemption cards" for music memorabelia. (Send in this card to receive a guitar or something signed by the band!)

Eventually everything special will be overdone to the point that things that were once worth a lot (like a record limited to 100) will be so common that they essentially lose value. At one time having a Ken Griffey Jr. card serial numbered to 100 was worth $500.

Once the market is saturated and companies run out of ideas for doing something special fans will lose interest. Record interest will dip as companies struggle to keep people's attention. It won't go back to the things they once were. In fact companies will keep prices high to hang onto the market that is hooked on it. Every now and then some over-the-top promotion will keep people interested. Like an expensive piece of music history or redemption cards for a concert only for people who find redemption cards, etc.

Fuck they'll probably buy a guitar owned by Kurt Cobain and give it away via a boxset where they're guaranteed to make a profit with people looking for it.

That is a really strange comparison.

I fully understand what you mean bc I really would love one at a decent price. its one of my sought after records like many. But I'm not about to go hate on a guy that refuses to flip a 100$ record and sell it for less than half of that, bc he was a fan of this record, loved it enough to collect the many Awesome different colors/jackets available. And later said to himself "ok this means less to me now, I'm not going to hoard em or exploit their value, instead I'm going to let real fans get a great shot at getting them at a steal". He'd be a dick if they were all 150$ BIN on eBay.

I don't know who you are trying to defend or what your point it. What someone does with their collection after they realize that you can spend your money in better ways than collecting 10 copies of the same record is all of there business. All for everyone on this board selling for records at around the fair market price.

People have a right to bitch at what that price becomes when collectors create a baseball card like market that less scrupulous labels prey on, as this one is doing.

Records have so far to go to become baseball cards, though. What were the print runs in the 90s, hundreds of thousands of cards? We are so involved in this stuff that we think it is a bigger deal than it is. It's still a niche. I don't know a single other person outside the internet that owns a record player that was purchased after the 1980s.

Did you just describe the Thrice - Beggars press?