The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

They just replaied saying they won't refund it because it was a "limited edition" item. Even though it's still for sale in their store.

Considering fighting with them about it, but wouldn't want to push back the delivery of the 3 I actually want any further. So fuck it.

10. Q: Can I cancel my order?

A: All poster sales are final.

Ive always assumed this applied to their vinyl as well since they're also Ltd. Ed. Mondo is forced to cancel their Intl. orders only because they're not allowed to sell these overseas due to their license restrictions.

I don't know why you are quoting the FAQ at me... That clearly says poster sales. It doesn't hurt to ask. I got my answer, and didn't argue it.

Sorry, thought you were still debating fighting it further with them. Just wanted to help save you some time fighting a cause isn't gonna end in your favor unfortunately.

Why do you want to cancel your order?

I ordered 3 for myself (1 of each) and an extra Spirited Away (it was the only one left) for a friend in Spain, but since that time he has since gotten himself a PM variant from another source, which he prefers. So instead of keep him on the hook for something he doesn't actually need or want - I thought I'd cancel it and be done with it, especially considering it hasn't sold out yet. But, nope.

Ah well.

I ordered 3 for myself (1 of each) and an extra Spirited Away (it was the only one left) for a friend in Spain, but since that time he has since gotten himself a PM variant from another source, which he prefers. So instead of keep him on the hook for something he doesn't actually need or want - I thought I'd cancel it and be done with it, especially considering it hasn't sold out yet. But, nope.

Ah well.

cheers buddy! But ill still take it, you did me a favour and itd be wrong of me to leave you in the shit with it ;)

No worries man - we'll figure it out haha.

My main gripes with Mondo are prettym uch the same issues everyone has with them... Decline in quality (that Maniac package sucked.), super-ridiculous shipping times (just because you say it will take 4-6 weeks to ship doesn't make it right), their shipping is $7 instead of $3 (small gripe), hike in price (at least for the Ghibli vinyl up to $30 for a 2xLP)...

I've been pretty adamant about gettign all the variants, but now that I've got everything but The Beyond and the original Maniac... I kind of want to see what the next 2-3 releases will be before I spend a few hundred on them in the aftermarket. Labels like DW and Waxwork seem to be handling this whole thing better in general.

I accidentally ordered a poster once that I had in my cart during a drop. They totally refunded me.

Put a giftcard in by accident once, refunded me.

Got a dinged up deadly spawn once, they replaced it. Got a dinged drive, they replaced it.

Any time i message someone at mondo I get a kind response. You all must be catching them on a bad day.

No worries man - we'll figure it out haha.

My main gripes with Mondo are prettym uch the same issues everyone has with them... Decline in quality (that Maniac package sucked.), super-ridiculous shipping times (just because you say it will take 4-6 weeks to ship doesn't make it right), their shipping is $7 instead of $3 (small gripe), hike in price (at least for the Ghibli vinyl up to $30 for a 2xLP)...

I've been pretty adamant about gettign all the variants, but now that I've got everything but The Beyond and the original Maniac... I kind of want to see what the next 2-3 releases will be before I spend a few hundred on them in the aftermarket. Labels like DW and Waxwork seem to be handling this whole thing better in general.

I only paid $4 for shipping and I've seen a few people say they paid $7

Mondo has always been super good with customer service. Been buying stuff from them for years and the few damages I have received on vinyl and prints they took care of really fast.  Also when they say up front items will ship in 4-6 weeks.....why would you get upset when it ships in 4-6 weeks?!  Oh no! They did exactly what they said they were going to do!

Mondo has always been super good with customer service. Been buying stuff from them for years and the few damages I have received on vinyl and prints they took care of really fast.  Also when they say up front items will ship in 4-6 weeks.....why would you get upset when it ships in 4-6 weeks?!  Oh no! They did exactly what they said they were going to do!

Haha because 4-6 weeks is how long a pre-order takes to ship, not how long an in-stock item should take to ship.  They should hire some more people to help with their shipping issues and everyone could have the things they buy on a more timely basis.

Just because I expect it because they state it plainly doesn't mean I like it. I am not SURPRISED (Oh no, they did what they said they were going to do!) I'm disappointed (It shouldn't take 6 weeks to ship vinyl orders) They are two very different things.