The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Mondo does get a lot of shit for their shipping speeds. That and the fact that they flood the market with posters are basically the 2 biggest gripes people seem to have with them

Obviously, but I'm saying other companies wouldn't have as many people being like "Oh c'mon it's no big deal you're expecting too much" Expecting an in-stock order to ship within a month isn't expecting too much IMO ;)

Obviously, but I'm saying other companies wouldn't have as many people being like "Oh c'mon it's no big deal you're expecting too much" Expecting an in-stock order to ship within a month isn't expecting too much IMO ;)

I think though, that if you polled all of the Mondo fanatics, 99% would complain about their shipping speeds and I'd say at least 50% would complain about the over abundance of material they release. The angst is there with people but all their stuff still sells out so there's really not much that can be done to correct these issues until their consumer-base as a whole stands up and does something about it. Just my 2 cents from the vibe I get from here as well as the EB Mondo thread.

People that buy them to sell. And to a lesser extent collectors who may like the art but get a little extra thrill by knowing there is only a handful around the world just like it. Other retailers who can't move more units due to Mondo's dominance. Those are my three guesses anyway.

Thankfully I don't buy posters. Shit is so expensive.

People that buy them to sell. And to a lesser extent collectors who may like the art but get a little extra thrill by knowing there is only a handful around the world just like it. Other retailers who can't move more units due to Mondo's dominance. Those are my three guesses anyway.

Thankfully I don't buy posters. Shit is so expensive.

This. I tend to feel like a "more the merrier" opinion is what I hold on that particular issue but its also annoying that shipping gets delayed for months due to the fact that they don't slow down. I guess my opinion is just release as much as your infrastructure can handle, which is obviously not what they do.

This. I tend to feel like a "more the merrier" opinion is what I hold on that particular issue but its also annoying that shipping gets delayed for months due to the fact that they don't slow down. I guess my opinion is just release as much as your infrastructure can handle, which is obviously not what they do. As far as flipping Mondo prints are concerned, that's foolish and you deserve to lose your money if that's why you're buying them in the first place. Heck, people get offended that I try to sell a couple of Mondo prints I no longer have framing plans with, for cost, which is totally ridiculous IMO.

This guy knows what's up.

Personally I think it's the other orders being cancelled and Mononoke also being rumored as the retail release. So, they didn't sell all the Mononoke first time through, and SA was probably the most ordered (since Howl's was limited and already sold at SDCC< and some of Mononoke was held back for retailers) makes sense that if orders were cancelled it would be SA with more in stock.

And before you say "but it's so late after release date" - keep in mind that we've heard from users here that they gave at least some people a chance to provide a US address for delivery, and I'm willing to assume some couldn't/didn't.  Also, they are so far behind this is all being done piecemeal. I've had a request in to cancel one of my two orders (an extra Spirited Away) for a week with no response to it yet.

Personally I think it's the other orders being cancelled and Mononoke also being rumored as the retail release. So, they didn't sell all the Mononoke first time through, and SA was probably the most ordered (since Howl's was limited and already sold at SDCC< and some of Mononoke was held back for retailers) makes sense that if orders were cancelled it would be SA with more in stock.

And before you say "but it's so late after release date" - keep in mind that we've heard from users here that they gave at least some people a chance to provide a US address for delivery, and I'm willing to assume some couldn't/didn't.  Also, they are so far behind this is all being done piecemeal. I've had a request in to cancel one of my two orders (an extra Spirited Away) for a week with no response to it yet.

Mondo doesn't give out refunds but maybe they're from international orders being cancelled?

Meh then I guess that's why my order hasn't been cancelled yet ;)

But yes - my point was - I think the SA are from international orders.

I'm sure you can get your cost back on the secondary market for your extras anyways.  Wouldn't worry about it but I highly doubt they will give you a refund since your order is from the CONUS.  That's how they combat returns on orders for prints that people can't flip on eBay.  Most if not all poster companies are like this though.