The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Yeah, you can get a colored variant of any of the records (except 2011 Maniac which I hardly ever see on sale), if you're willing to pay that aftermarket price

the strategy of buying multiple unopened copies hoping to land a variant is scary, especially reading so many people saying who have done so and strike out.

I don't condone people buy up multiple copies to get a colored variant but then again some people are nuts about getting that cracker jack box golden ticket so it definitely helps their odds, the more copies they buy.

at first, i wasn't really bothered by the fact that we have to wait until after the MoS prints ship, but i just read that they're not even expecting the last 2000 of the MoS prints to ship to them until 8/28. damn we'll be lucky if we have these by october... much less the olly moss ghibli print :(

Which is why I hated the idea of shipping after the prints to begin with

I knew this would happen

Mondo actually gets their vinyl sent out pretty quickly. A hell of alot quicker than their prints at least...

So far...Im sure it will be on the same schedule as the prints soon.  No rush here as hopefully I still have a full life of enjoyment to come.

Just some people wanting instant gratification.

I'm perfectly fine with waiting, but I don't think expecting an order to ship in under a month is "wanting instant gratification".

It wasn't even a pre-order. It was an order... and it takes a month to ship? Any company but Mondo would get a LOT of shit for that. Just saying!

Totally agreed. I know they have alot on their plates, but I would personally prefer them to focus on getting orders out and releasing quality prints/vinyl, rather than their current practice of releasing so many (mostly sub-par) prints every single week.

Although seeing as how they pretty much always sell out within minutes, this will most likely never happen...

I'm perfectly fine with waiting, but I don't think expecting an order to ship in under a month is "wanting instant gratification".

It wasn't even a pre-order. It was an order... and it takes a month to ship? Any company but Mondo would get a LOT of shit for that. Just saying!

Exactly, they weren't pre orders but orders, and this thing about getting these man of steel prints out first is just mind boggling. Every week it seems like they're pumping out prints, they need to focus on getting out the vinyl orders first because they're not as frequent

Exactly, they weren't pre orders but orders, and this thing about getting these man of steel prints out first is just mind boggling. Every week it seems like they're pumping out prints, they need to focus on getting out the vinyl orders first because they're not as frequent

An people who bought the posters first probably think they should ship them first and they should stop selling records and focus on their main items, prints.  Of course someone is probably upset they aren't shipping shirts first since it is a T-shirt site.

I don't think shipping should be prioritized by product, but by sell date. So, I agree that the MoS prints should ship first, it just seems insane that they continue to sell 2+ prints AND t shirts AND vinyl while they had over 6,000 SIX THOUSAND orders backed up to ship.  It's just irresponsible.  I mean if we aren't getting the Ghibli we ordered on the 26th, imagine when the people who just ordered Psycho and Vertigo are getting their prints. At this rate they'll be backed up 6 months in another week or two. 

Mondo does get a lot of shit for their shipping speeds. That and the fact that they flood the market with posters are basically the 2 biggest gripes people seem to have with them