The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Haha...

My friend from the record store just commented the following on my Instagram pic of my orange "Halloween"...

"We're 3 for 3 on the orange Halloween vinyl...another customer bought it and I made him open it. And now we're out."

My IG is "vinylmatters"

Well, I just sent an inquiry about this orange vinyl abundance to Mondo, so let's see if they get back at me with any clarification.

cancelled my amazon extra. luckily before they started shipping it looks like!

Still waiting on my pack of two from mondo.

Feeling uneasy.

But, I think I've come to the realization that I am done buying more than 1 copy of releases. Too much good music out there to be tying my funds up in doubles.  Thanks for helping me realize my folly Mondo!

Here's a response from Mondo regarding the Orange vinyl situation...  Some of you guys (myself included) who are still waiting for your Mondo orders might not be too excited about this???  At least now we know for a fact that Mondo has no idea which colors are which.  And this also clearly answers the huge debate we had with probabilities and such a month ago!!!

The orange is most definitely the more rare vinyl. It just seems like we happened to ship out more orange ones in the first round of shipments (entirely by circumstance). I would expect once we finishing shipping all of the remainders out people will start getting a lot more black vinyl. They are truly random to us so its impossible to know until they are opened up. Hope this helps explain things a bit.

All the best,
Justin 

Sincerely,
Mondo Tees

Here's a response from Mondo regarding the Orange vinyl situation...  Some of you guys (myself included) who are still waiting for your Mondo orders might not be too excited about this???  At least now we know for a fact that Mondo has no idea which colors are which.  And this also clearly answers the huge debate we had with probabilities and such a month ago!!!

The orange is most definitely the more rare vinyl. It just seems like we happened to ship out more orange ones in the first round of shipments (entirely by circumstance). I would expect once we finishing shipping all of the remainders out people will start getting a lot more black vinyl. They are truly random to us so its impossible to know until they are opened up. Hope this helps explain things a bit.

All the best,

Justin 

Sincerely,

Mondo Tees

Wow, that sucks....

Here's a response from Mondo regarding the Orange vinyl situation... Some of you guys (myself included) who are still waiting for your Mondo orders might not be too excited about this??? At least now we know for a fact that Mondo has no idea which colors are which. And this also clearly answers the huge debate we had with probabilities and such a month ago!!!

All the best,

Justin

Sincerely,

Mondo Tees

Buying local >> buying from mondo for Halloween variant confirmed

If I were people, I'd care more about landing the upcoming online drop for the splatter variant anyways.  It's the most limited and will be the most expensive on the aftermarket.  Get one of those and you'll be able to trade someone for a regular orange vinyl regardless.

Actually, I don't really think it confirms anything.  Like the email said, they have no idea themselves which copies have the random variant.  Therefore, they've got no idea what they're sending through their distribution network.

Contacted mondo to cancel my order. My heart is just not in it. If this happened before Halloween I'd be willing to wait it out... But I am tired of waiting forever to get Mondo to ship the things I pay them for, especially when stores are getting them before their own PO customers.

Agreed, this waiting is ridiculous....

Went ahead and ordered a copy from Bull Moose....