The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

So each variant limited to 200. If they really kept some for online sales, let's say 50 of each, those will be sold out in like a minute.

Good luck with buying all 5. 

But I need to get Man Bat to complete my set so I'll be ready and hitting that F5 button.

There is no way these were limited to 200 each. It's probably double that

Totally agree.

If these were limited to anywhere near 200 each, there's no way any of them would have lasted more than a day (much less Mr Freeze lasting into today!).

If the talk of 'no purchase limits' being in place was true, the hordes of people queuing up for Mondo stuff buying multiples would have snatched up the entire 800 copies in a few hours. Just look at how many of the people who list on eBay have 3, 4 or 5 copies of each single available...

The whole idea of something being a "con exclusive" and being butthurt about it showing up online later seems silly to me, if you paid for 200 dollar tickets just to buy buy bullshit instead of have an experience then you've got messed up priorities I feel.

Don't forget that it took basically an entire day at the event for any of the event copies to sell out.  If you're gonna be pissed that you didn't get one and now there's gonna be an online drop, news flash, IT'S YOUR FAULT YOU DIDN'T GO TO EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE CON.

If you want to hear a bullshit story about things selling out at a convention, I was the very first person at a print booth the very first day of the Chicago Comic Con and the Art Gallery I made my way towards had already sold all of their copies of the print I was after to the "Media VIP" that was given an hour's access before the general opening to walk around and take pictures for their stupid blogs that nobody reads.  It's not like there were only 1 or 2 prints for sale either, there were fucking 30 of them.

Don't forget that it took basically an entire day at the event for any of the event copies to sell out.  If you're gonna be pissed that you didn't get one and now there's gonna be an online drop, news flash, IT'S YOUR FAULT YOU DIDN'T GO TO EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE CON.

If you want to hear a bullshit story about things selling out at a convention, I was the very first person at a print booth the very first day of the Chicago Comic Con and the Art Gallery I made my way towards had already sold all of their copies of the print I was after to the "Media VIP" that was given an hour's access before the general opening to walk around and take pictures for their stupid blogs that nobody reads.  It's not like there were only 1 or 2 prints for sale either, there were fucking 30 of them.

Good lord, that is just a shitty,shitty thing to do to someone, great way to treat fans. 

What I am tired of is that for 2 years in a row i've gotten up on time registered correctly and get in the queue for tickets to comiccon but because the whole fucking thing is random i've been screwed out of tickets both times. Oh well. 

Good lord, that is just a shitty,shitty thing to do to someone, great way to treat fans.

What I am tired of is that for 2 years in a row i've gotten up on time registered correctly and get in the queue for tickets to comiccon but because the whole fucking thing is random i've been screwed out of tickets both times. Oh well.

Happens all the time in the world of art collecting. Lots of originals and high demand prints sell to VIPs at Mondo Events (who don't need to wait in line) before the doors open to fans who have been waiting in line for days. Not much different, in fact worse.

I'm far from VIP but really grateful for the one gallery I made it to in Austin and they let me in early to buy what i wanted before the lines!

The issue isn't with the actual VIP, it's with the gallery giving access for the VIPs to buy up all the good stuff before the show starts. Of course a VIP is gonna take advantage of the situation when offered a chance.

Anyone remember how much Mondo charged for shipping for the Tales From The Crypt 7"s? It had to be less than the $7 they charge for LPs, right?

If memory serves, I ordered 4 (1 full set for me and an "eye" for my friend) and they initially charged $14. I believe they refunded some of that after I inquired via email as to how many 7"s they could fit into a mailer. And they did arrive in a full sized Mondo mailer.