Django Unchained Limited Vinyl

pretty sure it's just the color, no?

no, its not the same as a picture disc.  It's like any other splatter, swirl, marble, mixed color vinyl.  Not saying it will sound better than a picture disc, or worse than a black copy, but i would expect it to be closer to a black copy than a picture disc as far as fidelity goes.

i.e., the blood splatter comes from the vinyl mixture, not some painted on or applied image

Do you happen to know Stan personally? 

Stan has mastered records for me for years as well as tons of other bands.

The Smashing Pumpkins records were mastered just like all the other records he masters and Billy personally signed off on them as sounding great. Billy is suuuper anal about how his records sounds and Billy thought enough of them to approve them. The mastering is only done once and what's done to the plates after they are made is up to the record label. The plates are good for about 500 records per plates and if they are used more than that, then they start to deteriorate. I've seen the thread you're talking about and some people say the record sounds great and some people say they have an issue with the high end or whatever.  

I guess my point is, don’t stoop to calling people names off of other peoples opinions.

lotta complaints about the vinyl mastering for the new mellon collie reissue and the oceania LP. turns out a dude named stan getz did it and he's a total fuckin tool.

Do you happen to know Stan personally? 

Stan has mastered records for me for years as well as tons of other bands.

The Smashing Pumpkins records were mastered just like all the other records he masters and Billy personally signed off on them as sounding great. Billy is suuuper anal about how his records sounds and Billy thought enough of them to approve them. The mastering is only done once and what's done to the plates after they are made is up to the record label. The plates are good for about 500 records per plates and if they are used more than that, then they start to deteriorate. I've seen the thread you're talking about and some people say the record sounds great and some people say they have an issue with the high end or whatever.  

I guess my point is, don’t stoop to calling people names off of other peoples opinions.

the issue was the records were mastered way too close to the label. there's little to no dead wax. yes wider grooves are better, but not that close to the center of the record. the records sound okay on my table and i'm sure they sound amazing on a real high-end table, but most people don't have high end players. the reason i may have called stan getz names (like tool) is not because of this rookie mastering mistake, but because of how he responded to the criticism. (like a tool).

(sorry to get the thread off topic again).

From the looks of ebay, more of these sold to flippers than to fans. I predict you will be able to get one for $15 in a few months. This record was purchased by more flippers than the Free Willy Soundtrack. I haven't seen this many flippers outside of a SCUBA school locker room. Are these records pinball machines? because they all have flippers. and so on.

The Italian press is out of 500. They're hand numbered.

As far as hand numbered goes, I have seen some copies with the number that seems to be stamped. Other copies I have seen have a printed number that uses a handwriting type font. The numbered sticker on mine is cut in such a way that i can see part of the next number in the series.

As far as hand numbered goes, I have seen some copies with the number that seems to be stamped. Other copies I have seen have a printed number that uses a handwriting type font. The numbered sticker on mine is cut in such a way that i can see part of the next number in the series.

Mine has /500 on a sticker put the number (487) is written in pen.

Mine has /500 on a sticker put the number (487) is written in pen.

Mine appears to be hand written, but is actually printed. If yours is truely hand numbered that would mean there are at least three different numbering variations. This means it is probably a bootleg, and there are probably way more than 500 copies circulating. I don't know how else to explain the different numbering variations. I can't beleive there was one guy stamping copies, another guy using printed stickers, and yet a third guy hand numbering copies.

Mine is definitely hand numbered. Too many breaks/ fading in the pen lines.

Cool, good to know. Check out the pic in this auction. This is pretty much what mine looks like. You will also notice you can see the top of the next number in the series at the bottom of the sticker. In any case I am happy with it bootleg or not, /500 or not.

From the looks of ebay, more of these sold to flippers than to fans. I predict you will be able to get one for $15 in a few months. This record was purchased by more flippers than the Free Willy Soundtrack. I haven't seen this many flippers outside of a SCUBA school locker room. Are these records pinball machines? because they all have flippers. and so on.

I hope so. Totally missed the boat on these ones. Did chuckle at the jokes.

It seems like the blood splatter that was "limited" has gone out to many distributors, so I would say their limited press is probably pretty high in number of copies pressed, maybe 1k+ which is on the conservative end.  This is also back up on the myplaydirect website where it was sold out, so that also says something about how limited this is.  They definitely made a few bucks off of people with their use of the word limited, which seems a little dishonest to me.

It seems like the blood splatter that was "limited" has gone out to many distributors, so I would say their limited press is probably pretty high in number of copies pressed, maybe 1k+ which is on the conservative end.  This is also back up on the myplaydirect website where it was sold out, so that also says something about how limited this is.  They definitely made a few bucks off of people with their use of the word limited, which seems a little dishonest to me.

id agree with that. 

Agree.